Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 17
Photographs that were removed from a scrapbook on "Industries and Manufactures. Albums 117 and 118: Copy Prints Made, 1914-1948."
Studio images of human skulls.
Captioned, "Antarctic island where Ellsworth found minerals" and "Lincoln Ellsworth." Latter has Ellsworth with a penguin.
Field photographs taken of gorillas and indigenous peoples in Africa.
Field photographs mainly of shell heaps and indigenous peoples taken during the Boekelman Shell Heap Expedition of 1931.
Ethnographic prints, including people from Syria, Algeria, Brazil, Romanian, and Sheiks taken from Bildarchiv Gesellshaft in Freiburg.
The purpose of this expedition was to collect rapidly disappearing mammals from Australia and Tasmania. These photos document some of the indigenous mammals found there.
Field photographs of indigenous peoples from Kuikuru, Camayura, Amazon, and Lacandon Indians. The photographs were used for Evening School for Adults lecture, "Primitive Peoples Today."
Antarctic field photographs, features Snow Hill Island, wale bones, iceburgs, and penguins.
Includes field photographs. Travel photographs of Africa, India, and Japan. Photographs from American Museum of Natural History and the Dept. of Education as well.
- Egypt 1
- Kavirondo (African people) 1
- Kenya 1
- Kikuyu (African people) 1
- Lumbwa (Kenyan and Tanzanian people) 1
- Ellsworth, Lincoln, 1880-1951 3
- Akeley, Carl Ethan, 1864-1926 2
- Akeley, Mary L. Jobe (Mary Lenore Jobe), 1878-1966 1
- Andrews, Roy Chapman, 1884-1960 1
- Arth, Malcolm, 1939-1992 1
- Australian Expedition (1st : 1921-1922) 1
- Bird, Junius Bouton, 1907-1982 1
- Boekelman, Henry J. 1
- Department of Education 1
- Gilliard, E. Thomas (Ernest Thomas), 1912-1965 1
- Gregory, William K. (William King), 1876-1970 1
- Raven, Henry Cushier, 1889-1944 1
- Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919 1 ∧ less