Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 16
Slides of artwork displayed in the temporary exhibition A Celebration of Birds: Louis Agassiz Fuertes and His Art, held at the American Museum of Natural History, 1983.
Photographs of birds in nature taken by Mrs. C. Sibley.
Catalogue of birds in the exhibition collection at the American Museum of Natural History. Entries for each bird include museum number, original number, name, sex and age, date, locality, name of collector, name of donor, dimensions, and remarks. The catalogue spans two volumes and was originally begun by Edgar A. Mearns during the period 1883-1884. Information in the volumes spans 1812-1994.
Catalogue of birds in the study collection at the American Museum of Natural History. Catalogue entries for each bird include museum number, original number, name, sex, date, locality, name of collector, name of donor, dimensions, and remarks. The catalogue spans 47 volumes.
Catalogue of bird bone specimens at the American Museum of Natural History. Entries for each specimen include museum number, original number, name, sex, date, locality, name of collector, name of donor, character of specimen, and remarks. The catalogue spans one volume.
Files on temporary exhibits, bird halls, bird department specimens in other halls, budgets, documents pertaining to construction and display, meeting notes, and photographs.
Field photographs of marine life and mammals in Australia, Great Barrier Reef Expedition, 1962. Includes birds, kangaroos, koalas, and underwater photographs of invertebrates and fish.
Photographs from the Chapin Collection taken mostly in Africa, including Senegal, Belgian Congo, Rwanda, and a few photographs from the United States, including Carl Akeley's grave. Images of birds, birds' nests, flowering trees, indigenous people, colleagues, and family.
- Museum Archives at the Gottesman Research Library 12
- Department of Ornithology Archives 4
- Photographic Slide Collection 8
- Birds 5
- Birds -- Catalogs and collections 5
- American Museum of Natural History. Department of Ornithology. Archives. 4
- Birds -- Exhibitions 3
- Archives Microfilm 2
- Insects 2
- Australia 1
- Birds -- Africa 1
- Birds -- Art 1
- Birds -- Australia 1
- Birds -- South America -- Catalogs and collections. 1
- Congo (Democratic Republic) 1
- Film Collection 1
- Fishes -- Australia 1
- Flowers 1
- Great Barrier Reef (Qld.) 1
- Guano 1
- Insect pests 1
- Invertebrates -- Australia 1
- Mammals -- Classification -- History. 1
- Mammals -- Exhibitions 1
- Manuscript Collection 1
- Marsupials -- Australia 1
- Moving Images 1
- Museum curators -- United States -- History. 1
- Museum directors -- New York (State) -- New York -- Correspondence 1
- Natural history museum curators -- Correspondence 1
- Natural history museums -- New York (State) -- New York -- Exhibitions 1
- Natural history museums -- United States -- History. 1
- Rwanda 1
- Sea birds -- Peru 1
- Senegal 1 ∧ less
- English 15
- German 1
- American Museum of Natural History. Department of Ornithology 5
- Murphy, Robert Cushman, 1887-1973 2
- Photo Studio 2
- Rothschild, Lionel Walter Rothschild, Baron, 1868-1937 2
- Brooklyn Museum 1
- CBS/AMNH Adventure Series (1953-1956) 1
- Cazier, Mont A. 1
- Chapin, James Paul, 1889-1964 1
- Columbia Broadcasting System, inc. 1
- Fuertes, Louis Agassiz, 1874-1927 1
- Great Barrier Reef Expedition (1962) 1
- Keith, T. L. 1
- National Academy of Sciences (U.S.) 1
- New York Zoological Park 1
- Puza, Frank 1
- Zoological Museum (Tring, England) 1 ∧ less