Showing Collections: 21 - 30 of 34
Hall of Biodiversity photographic slide collection
Photographs of models and exhibitions in the AMNH Hall of Biodiversity, mostly of the Rain Forest diorama. Studio photographs of the individual animals and views of the installation and construction of the diorama. Also includes installation of the giant squid model.
Hall of Biodiversity photographic slides of exhibition displays
Photographs taken in the AMNH Hall of Biodiversity, including the rainforest diorama (modeled on the Dzanga Sangha rainforest in Central African Republic) and Spectrum of Life. Includes close up images of models.
Hall of Human Biology and Evolution Homoerectus Diorama photographic slides, 1993.
Slides from a possible restoration of the Homoerectus Diorama in the AMNH Hall of Human Biology and Evolution. Images of working crew measuring and removing models from the exhibit.
Hall of Human Biology construction photographic slides, 1990-1993
Slides include diorama construction, ceiling fabrication, Homo-Erectus and Neanderthal models, and exhibit displays. Images taken both in the gallery and in the studio.
IBM Kiosk Project photographic slides, 1995-1997.
Photographs of various halls and exhibitions at the AMNH.
John T. Nichols: Naturalist at Large exhibition photographic slides
Views of the temporary exhibition John T. Nichols: Naturalist at Large, held at the American Museum of Natural History, 1989. Images of the display case in the Theodore Roosevelt Rotunda. Also includes images of books in a library, a man reading and people examining a book in an office.
Leonardo's Codex (Codex Leicester) exhibition photographic slides
Views of the temporary exhibition Leonardo's Codex (Codex Leicester), held at the American Museum of Natural History, 1996-1997, Gallery 3. Includes displays and reading room.
Nature of Diamonds exhibition photographic slides, 1997.
Views of the temporary exhibition Nature of Diamonds, held at the American Museum of Natural History, held November 1, 1997-April 26, 1998. Images include exhibits, views of diamond in kimberlite, diamonds in matrix, diamond jewelry, diamonds from royalty, and other diamond artifacts and specimens. Also includes Diamondback turtle, rattler, and moth.
Primates: The Jean Baulu Collection of Antique Prints exhibition photographic slides
Views of the temporary exhibition, Primates: The Jean Baulu Collection of Antique Prints, held at the American Museum of Natural History, January-February 1999, Library Gallery.
Royal Tombs of Sipán photographic slides, 1994.
Slides of the temporary exhibition Royal Tombs of Sipán, held at the American Museum of Natural History, 1994. Gallery 3. The exhibition was organized by the Bruning National Archaeological Museum in Lambayeque, Peru, and the Fowler Museum, in Los Angeles.
- Museum exhibits -- Photographs 25
- Amber 1
- Antarctica -- Discovery and exploration -- British 1
- Ashanti (African people) 1
- Aztecs 1
- Cree Indians 1
- Diamonds -- Exhibitions 1
- Dinosaurs -- Exhibitions 1
- Electric fishes 1
- Huaca Rajada Site (Sipán, Peru) -- Exhibitions 1
- Mochica Indians -- Antiquities -- Exhibitions 1
- Mochica Indians -- Kings and rulers -- Exhibitions 1
- Moon 1
- Museum visitors 1
- Peru -- Antiquities -- Exhibitions 1
- Scientists -- Portraits 1
- Sculpture, Ijo -- Exhibitions 1
- Sipán (Peru) -- Antiquities -- Exhibitions 1
- Time capsules -- New York (State) -- New York 1
- Wildlife photography -- Competitions 1 ∧ less
- Photo Studio 33
- Finnin, Denis 19
- Chesek, Craig 6
- American Museum Congo Expedition (1909-1915) 1
- Boltin, Lee 1
- Hall of African Peoples 1
- Imperial Trans-Antarctic Expedition (1914-1917) 1
- Jesup North Pacific Expedition (1897-1902) 1
- Joyce, Arthur A. 1
- K. Perkins 1
- Leonardo da Vinci, 1452-1519 1
- Mickens, Roderick 1
- New York Times Company 1
- Nichols, John T. (John Treadwell), 1883-1958 1
- Nicholson, Thomas D. 1
- Otumfuo Opoku Ware, King of the Ashanti, II, 1919-1999 1 ∧ less