Showing Collections: 41 - 50 of 51
North American Indian artifacts photographic slides, undated.
Images of include Indian map of upper and middle Missouri River, birchbark records, quilled buffalo robes, dancing dress with pictographs, Munsee basket, Hidatsa basket and other artifacts.
Patanal: Brazil's Forgotten Wilderness exhibition photographic slides
Views of the temporary exhibition Patanal: Brazil's Forgotten Wilderness, held at the American Museum of Natural History, 1993. Akeley Gallery. Featured color photographs documenting rare plant and animal life in Brazil threatened with extinction.
Reaching for the Stars exhibition photographic slides
Views of the temporary exhibition Reaching for the Stars, held at the American Museum of Natural History, 2000. Akeley Gallery.
Richard Hunt carving totem pole at the American Museum of Natural History, 1992.
Slides of Richard Hunt, direct descendant of George Hunt, carving and painting a totem pole during the Chiefly Feasts temporary exhibition held at the American Museum of Natural History. Images include museum visitors viewing Hunt working and finished exhibition location in the 77th Street entrance hall across from the Haida canoe.
Rose Center for Earth and Space construction photographic slides
Photographs taken during the construction of the Rose Center for Earth and Space at the AMNH.
Royal Tombs of Sipán photographic slides, 1994.
Slides of the temporary exhibition Royal Tombs of Sipán, held at the American Museum of Natural History, 1994. Gallery 3. The exhibition was organized by the Bruning National Archaeological Museum in Lambayeque, Peru, and the Fowler Museum, in Los Angeles.
Sacred Mountains of the World exhibition photographic slides, 1998.
Views of the temporary exhibition Sacred Mountains of the World, held at the American Museum of Natural History, 1998, Akeley Gallery. Includes framed mounted photographs with some wall text.
Sharks! Fact and Fantasy exhibition photographic slides, 1994.
Views of the temporary exhibition Sharks! Fact and Fantasy, held at the American Museum of Natural History, 1994. Images include interactive displays and exhibits. Gallery 3.
Spirits in Steel: The Art of the Kalabari Masquerade exhibition photographic slides
Views of the temporary exhibition, Spirits in Steel: The Art of the Kalabari Masquerade, held at the American Museum of Natural History, 1998-1999. Sculpture by the Southeastern Nigerian Kalabari artist Sokari Douglas Camp. Studio photographs of two sculptures: Big Alagba and Sikibo taken in 1999.
Vertebrate Paleontology photographic slides
Slides of dinosaur illustrations and Frick Laboratory storage area with dinosaur fossils in the American Museum of Natural History, Department of Vertebrate Paleontology.
- Photographic Slide Collection 50
- Museum exhibits -- Photographs 34
- Dinosaurs -- Exhibitions 3
- Scientists -- Portraits 2
- Africans 1
- Amber 1
- Animals -- Brazil 1
- Animals -- Pictorial works 1
- Animals, Fossil 1
- Antarctica -- Discovery and exploration -- British 1
- Asmat (Indonesian people) 1
- Aztecs 1
- Bears 1
- Body art 1
- Department Records 1
- Diamonds -- Exhibitions 1
- Electric fishes 1
- Gems 1
- Huaca Rajada Site (Sipán, Peru) -- Exhibitions 1
- Indians of North America 1
- Indians of North America -- Maps 1
- Indians of South America -- Brazil -- Xingu River Valley 1
- Inuit -- Maps 1
- Ivory carving 1
- Kwakiutl art 1
- Mammals -- Exhibitions 1
- Mammals, Fossil -- Exhibitions 1
- Minerals 1
- Mochica Indians -- Antiquities -- Exhibitions 1
- Mochica Indians -- Kings and rulers -- Exhibitions 1
- Mural painting and decoration -- Conservation and restoration 1
- Museum exhibits 1
- Museum visitors 1
- North America 1
- Papua New Guinea 1
- Peru -- Antiquities -- Exhibitions 1
- Plants -- Brazil 1
- Portraits 1
- Sculpture 1
- Sculpture, Ijo -- Exhibitions 1
- Serigraphy 1
- Sharks -- Exhibitions 1
- Sipán (Peru) -- Antiquities -- Exhibitions 1
- Tapirapé Indians 1
- Time capsules -- New York (State) -- New York 1
- Totem poles 1
- Watercolor painting 1
- Waura Indians 1
- Waura art 1
- Wood-carving, Asmat -- Exhibitions 1 ∧ less
- Photo Studio 50
- American Museum of Natural History 42
- Beckett, J. (Jackie) 23
- Chesek, Craig 14
- Department of Anthropology 3
- Hall of Saurischian Dinosaurs 2
- Rose Center for Earth and Space 2
- American Museum of Natural History. Department of Vertebrate Paleontology 1
- American Museum of Natural History. Hall of Ornithischian Dinosaurs 1
- Andrews, Roy Chapman, 1884-1960 1
- Bauer, O. 1
- Ellison, Mick 1
- Frick Laboratory 1
- Frick, Childs, 1883-1965 1
- Fuertes, Louis Agassiz, 1874-1927 1
- Hayden Planetarium 1
- Imperial Trans-Antarctic Expedition (1914-1917) 1
- Irma and Paul Milstein Family Hall of Ocean Life 1
- Jesup, Morris K. (Morris Ketchum), 1830-1908 1
- Joyce, Arthur A. 1
- K. Perkins 1
- Knight, Charles Robert, 1874-1953 1
- Leonardo da Vinci, 1452-1519 1
- MacNeil, Hermon Atkins, 1866-1947 1
- Mickens, Roderick 1
- New York Times Company 1
- Norell, Mark 1
- Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919 1
- Warhol, Andy, 1928-1987 1
- Whitney Memorial Hall of Oceanic Birds 1 ∧ less