Spirits in Steel: The Art of the Kalabari Masquerade exhibition photographic slides
Scope and Contents
Views of the temporary exhibition, Spirits in Steel: The Art of the Kalabari Masquerade, held at the American Museum of Natural History, 1998-1999. Sculpture by the Southeastern Nigerian Kalabari artist Sokari Douglas Camp. Studio photographs of two sculptures: Big Alagba and Sikibo taken in 1999.
- Beckett, J. (Jackie) (Photographer, Person)
Restrictions on Access
Please contact Special Collections; materials are sometimes restricted.
0.5 Linear Feet (1 box )
364 Photographic Slides : color ; 35 mm
Language of Materials
condition reviewed 20110826 good
Includes print out of the exhibition website.
S. Bishop also credited as a photographer.
- Spirits in Steel: The Art of the Kalabari Masquerade exhibition photographic slides, 1998-1999
- Iris Lee
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- The Gladys Krieble Delmas Foundation provided support to make this finding aid available in ArchivesSpace (2016-2017). Minimal level collection record created with support from the Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR) Hidden Collections grant, 2010.