Spirits in Steel: The Art of the Kalabari Masquerade exhibition photographic slides
Scope and Contents
Views of the temporary exhibition, Spirits in Steel: The Art of the Kalabari Masquerade, held at the American Museum of Natural History, 1998-1999. Sculpture by the Southeastern Nigerian Kalabari artist Sokari Douglas Camp. Studio photographs of two sculptures: Big Alagba and Sikibo taken in 1999.
- Beckett, J. (Jackie) (Photographer, Person)
Restrictions on Access
Please contact Special Collections; materials are sometimes restricted.
0.5 Linear Feet (1 box )
364 Photographic Slides : color ; 35 mm
Language of Materials
condition reviewed 20110826 good
Includes print out of the exhibition website.
S. Bishop also credited as a photographer.
- Spirits in Steel: The Art of the Kalabari Masquerade exhibition photographic slides, 1998-1999
- Iris Lee
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- The Gladys Krieble Delmas Foundation provided support to make this finding aid available in ArchivesSpace (2016-2017). Minimal level collection record created with support from the Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR) Hidden Collections grant, 2010.
Part of the Museum Archives at the Gottesman Research Library Repository
American Museum of Natural History
200 Central Park West
New York NY 10024 USA