Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
Consisting mostly of cut and uncut gems and minerals as well as some carvings, figures, and vases. Nearly all of the slides are captioned with detailed information about the type of stone and the place of origin.
Studio photographs of gem and mineral specimens.
Interactive Gem Application Image Collection, Allison and Roberto Mignone Halls of Gems and Minerals, 2021
Slides of minerals and gems. Some are close-up photographs showing texture and patterns. Twenty slides have a specimen number with no descriptive captions. Other images include cut and uncut gems. Two figures: Nephrite jade water buffalo from the Ming dynasty and "Kanzeon Bosatsu" Japanese Buddhist goddess of mercy by (K. Nakagawa). One image of the a display in the AMNH Hall of Gems.
Two videocassettes for "Forever Gold", a video that displayed in the AMNH Harry Frank Guggenheim Hall of Minerals and the Morgan Memorial Hall of Gems. One audio reel called "Energy & minerals pulsed".
- Subject: Minerals X
- Photographic Slide Collection 3
- Gems -- Photographs 2
- Minerals 2
- Minerals -- Exhibitions 2
- Minerals -- Photographs 2
- Born-digital 1
- Department Records 1
- Exhibition Videorecording 1
- Gems 1
- Geology -- Exhibitions -- New York (State) -- New York 1
- Gold -- Exhibitions 1
- Minerals -- Catalogs and collections -- New York (State) -- New York 1
- Precious stones 1 ∧ less
- Photo Studio 3
- Beckett, J. (Jackie) 2
- Harry Frank Guggenheim Hall of Minerals 2
- Allison and Roberto Mignone Halls of Gems and Minerals 1
- American Museum of Natural History 1