Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 24
American Museum of Natural History miscellaneous special events photographic slides, 1970, 1993, 1994, undated.
Mostly photographs taken at events at the American Museum of Natural History. Images taken indoors and outdoors. Some events include Rhythym of the World (1994) and West Side Day (1970). A small subset of slides shows underwater exploration.
Lienzo of Coixtlahuaca, 36 slides, copy of curator's report enclosed, titled "Report on the 1899 Copy of the Lienzo of Coixtlahuaca II Curated at the American Museum of Natural History" by Arthur A. Joyce, April 1993. Chavero Codex, August 1994, 20 slides.
American Museum of Natural History photographic slides of the Central Park West entrance, 1998-1999.
Photographs of mostly banners displayed on the Central Park West entrance of the museum. Also includes barosaurus decorations.
Views of the temporary exhibition Capturing Time: The New York Times Capsule, held at the American Museum of Natural History, December 4, 1999-March 26, 2000.
Views of the temporary exhibition Cuba: Nature of an Island, held at the American Museum of Natural History, 1993. Akeley Gallery.
AMNH Department of Education programs, including West Side Day (1970), Margaret Mead Film Festival (September 1978), African arts & crafts class (1974), Natural Science Center (1974), Discovery Room (1977), Moveable Museum (1993) and other miscellaneous events and images. Two glass mounted slides show an art class sketching from a diorama in the Akeley Hall of African Mammals (1949).
Views of the temporary exhibition, Dzanga Ndoki: The Making of an Exhibit, held at the American Museum of Natural History, Summer 1997, Akeley Gallery.
Views of the temporary exhibition Endangered! Exploring a World at Risk, held at the American Museum of Natural History, March 8-September 1, 1997, Gallery 3. Images of people visiting the exhibition, displays, artifacts, models, and wall text.
Views of the temporary exhibition, Epidemic! The World of Infectious Disease, held at the American Museum of Natural History, February 27-September 6, 1999. Epidemic! Mostly images of the finished exhibition in the gallery as well as preparators building and painting models in the studio.
- Museum exhibits -- Photographs 13
- Museums -- Educational aspects 2
- Animals, Fossil 1
- Aztecs 1
- Indians of North America 1
- Indians of North America -- Maps 1
- Indians of North America -- Northwest, Pacific 1
- Indians of North America -- Southwest, New 1
- Inuit -- Maps 1
- Ivory carving 1
- Kwakiutl art 1
- Museum visitors 1
- Natural history -- Cuba -- Exhibitions 1
- North America 1
- Okavango River Delta (Botswana) -- Pictorial works 1
- Portraits 1
- Serigraphy 1
- Time capsules -- New York (State) -- New York 1
- Tlingit art 1
- Watercolor painting 1 ∧ less
- Photo Studio 23
- American Museum of Natural History 16
- Finnin, Denis 14
- Beckett, J. (Jackie) 9
- Department of Anthropology 3
- Singer, Arthur 2
- American Museum of Natural History. Department of Vertebrate Paleontology 1
- Andrews, Roy Chapman, 1884-1960 1
- Bauer, O. 1
- Department of Education 1
- Ellison, Mick 1
- Frick Laboratory 1
- Frick, Childs, 1883-1965 1
- Fuertes, Louis Agassiz, 1874-1927 1
- Irma and Paul Milstein Family Hall of Ocean Life 1
- Jesup, Morris K. (Morris Ketchum), 1830-1908 1
- Joyce, Arthur A. 1
- K. Perkins 1
- Lumholtz, Carl, 1851-1922 1
- MacNeil, Hermon Atkins, 1866-1947 1
- Margaret Mead Film Festival 1
- Mickens, Roderick 1
- New York Times Company 1
- Norell, Mark 1
- Peale, Titian Ramsay, 1799-1885 1
- Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919 1
- Rose Center for Earth and Space 1
- Warhol, Andy, 1928-1987 1 ∧ less