American Museum of Natural History photographic slides of Fine Art collection
Scope and Contents
Slides of fine art sculptures and paintings held in the American Museum of Natural History. Artwork includes Andy Warhol "Endangered Species" (1983) silkscreens, De Lazslo portrait (1908) of Theodore Roosevelt, Roy Chapman Andrews portrait by Charles Arthur Rose (1937), Williams C. Whitney bust"Moquin Prayer for Rain" sculpture by H. A. MacNeill"Theodore Roosevelt as a Rough Rider" by Frederick MacMonnies, portraits of Childs Frick, Morris K. Jesup and others. Three watercolors by Louis Agassiz Fuertes for Natural History Magazine.
- circa 1980s-1990s
- Photo Studio (Organization)
Restrictions on Access
Please contact Special Collections; materials are sometimes restricted.
0.25 Linear Feet (1 box )
circa 100 Photographic Slides
Language of Materials
condition reviewed 20110826 good
Some unidentified and unlabeled slides.
F. Singer is also credited as a photographer.
Previous numbers include: K16039, K16041, K17084, K12653
- Andrews, Roy Chapman, 1884-1960
- Frick, Childs, 1883-1965
- Fuertes, Louis Agassiz, 1874-1927
- Jesup, Morris K. (Morris Ketchum), 1830-1908
- MacNeil, Hermon Atkins, 1866-1947
- Photographic Slide Collection
- Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919
- Warhol, Andy, 1928-1987
- Watercolor painting
- American Museum of Natural History photographic slides of Fine Art collection, circa 1980s-1990s
- Iris Lee
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- The Gladys Krieble Delmas Foundation provided support to make this finding aid available in ArchivesSpace (2016-2017). Minimal level collection record created with support from the Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR) Hidden Collections grant, 2010.