Showing Collections: 11 - 20 of 34
Slides from the opening ceremony for the temporary exhibition Asante: Kingdom of Gold, held at the American Museum of Natural History, October 14, 1984. Shows procession on Central Park West from West 72 Street to West 79 Street. King Otumfuo Opoku Ware II, courtiers, Asante musicians, Mayor Ed Koch and Thomas Nicholson shown participating in the ceremony. Also includes press slides of the artifacts displayed.
Photographs of Big Bear's medicine bundle (Plains/Cree). The Cree medicine bundle is comprised of a canvas bag over several layers of calico cloth. In it are a bear paw mounted on red flannel, a bundle of sweet grass and a plug of tobacco.
Views of the temporary exhibition Capturing Time: The New York Times Capsule, held at the American Museum of Natural History, December 4, 1999-March 26, 2000.
Views of the Patagonia Dinosaur Embryo and Eggs exhibition, held in the Orientation Room of the AMNH Dinosaur Halls, January 1999.
Views of the temporary exhibition Dinosaurs of the Lost World, held at the American Museum of Natural History, 1997, Whale Hall. Includes displays, models, and theater.
Drawing Shadows to Stone: The Photography of the Jesup North Pacific Expedition exhibition photographic slides, 1997-1998.
Views of the temporary exhibition, Drawing Shadows to Stone: The Photography of the Jesup North Pacific Expedition, held at the American Museum of Natural History, 1997-1998, Library Gallery. Curated by Barbara Math℗♭ÌةƯ and Thomas Ross Miller.
Views of the temporary exhibition Endangered! Exploring a World at Risk, held at the American Museum of Natural History, March 8-September 1, 1997, Gallery 3. Images of people visiting the exhibition, displays, artifacts, models, and wall text.
Views of the temporary exhibition, Epidemic! The World of Infectious Disease, held at the American Museum of Natural History, February 27-September 6, 1999. Epidemic! Mostly images of the finished exhibition in the gallery as well as preparators building and painting models in the studio.
Views of the temporary exhibition Full Moon: Apollo Mission Photographs of the Lunar Landscape, held at the American Museum of Natural History, 2000. Rose Center for Earth and Space.
- Museum exhibits -- Photographs 25
- Amber 1
- Antarctica -- Discovery and exploration -- British 1
- Ashanti (African people) 1
- Aztecs 1
- Cree Indians 1
- Diamonds -- Exhibitions 1
- Dinosaurs -- Exhibitions 1
- Electric fishes 1
- Huaca Rajada Site (Sipán, Peru) -- Exhibitions 1
- Mochica Indians -- Antiquities -- Exhibitions 1
- Mochica Indians -- Kings and rulers -- Exhibitions 1
- Moon 1
- Museum visitors 1
- Peru -- Antiquities -- Exhibitions 1
- Scientists -- Portraits 1
- Sculpture, Ijo -- Exhibitions 1
- Sipán (Peru) -- Antiquities -- Exhibitions 1
- Time capsules -- New York (State) -- New York 1
- Wildlife photography -- Competitions 1 ∧ less
- Photo Studio 33
- Finnin, Denis 19
- Chesek, Craig 6
- American Museum Congo Expedition (1909-1915) 1
- Boltin, Lee 1
- Hall of African Peoples 1
- Imperial Trans-Antarctic Expedition (1914-1917) 1
- Jesup North Pacific Expedition (1897-1902) 1
- Joyce, Arthur A. 1
- K. Perkins 1
- Leonardo da Vinci, 1452-1519 1
- Mickens, Roderick 1
- New York Times Company 1
- Nichols, John T. (John Treadwell), 1883-1958 1
- Nicholson, Thomas D. 1
- Otumfuo Opoku Ware, King of the Ashanti, II, 1919-1999 1 ∧ less