Asante: Kingdom of Gold opening ceremony photographic slides
Scope and Contents
Slides from the opening ceremony for the temporary exhibition Asante: Kingdom of Gold, held at the American Museum of Natural History, October 14, 1984. Shows procession on Central Park West from West 72 Street to West 79 Street. King Otumfuo Opoku Ware II, courtiers, Asante musicians, Mayor Ed Koch and Thomas Nicholson shown participating in the ceremony. Also includes press slides of the artifacts displayed.
- Boltin, Lee (Photographer, Person)
Restrictions on Access
Please contact Special Collections; materials are sometimes restricted.
0.25 Linear Feet (1 box )
180 Photographic Slides
Language of Materials
condition reviewed 20110826 good
Most slides include captions.
Many slides contain K numbers.
Richard P. Sheridan also credited as a photographer.
- American Museum of Natural History -- Photographs -- Exhibitions -- 1984
- Ashanti (African people)
- Nicholson, Thomas D.
- Otumfuo Opoku Ware, King of the Ashanti, II, 1919-1999
- Photographic Slide Collection
- Asante: Kingdom of Gold opening ceremony photographic slides, 1984
- Iris Lee
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- The Gladys Krieble Delmas Foundation provided support to make this finding aid available in ArchivesSpace (2016-2017). Minimal level collection record created with support from the Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR) Hidden Collections grant, 2010.