Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 23
Slides of African artifacts from Kenya, Nigeria, Ivory & Gold Coast, Belgian Congo, Liberia, Zaire, Kenya,Tanzania, Ethiopia, Sudan.
Slides of the temporary exhibit Amber: Window to the Past, held at the American Museum of Natural History, 1996-1997. The exhibit displayed a re-creation of a 23 to 30 million-year-old Dominican amber forest. Gallery 3. PSC 50 contains images of the exhibit being constructed and installed. PSC 51 contains images from the finished exhibition.
Lienzo of Coixtlahuaca, 36 slides, copy of curator's report enclosed, titled "Report on the 1899 Copy of the Lienzo of Coixtlahuaca II Curated at the American Museum of Natural History" by Arthur A. Joyce, April 1993. Chavero Codex, August 1994, 20 slides.
Studio photographs of electric catfish of African variety.
Studio photographs of gem and mineral specimens.
Portraits of AMNH scientific staff from various departments and views of the labs. Portraits include Niles Eldredge, Peter Möller, Brenda M. Rivera, Diane Bynum, Sidney Horenstein, Nina Root, Jerry Rosen, Richard Tedford, Ross MacPhee, Bill Guch, Barnum Brown, Ray de Lucia, Melanie Stiassny, Radford Arrindell, George Langdon, John Van Couvering, Richard Zwiefel, Marie Lawrence, Laura Freeman, Andy DeSantis, among others.
American Museum of Natural History special events photographic slides of Kwanzaa and Black History month, 1992, 1993.
Photographs taken at the AMNH during the Kwanzaa Celebration on December 29, 1992, and Black History Month, February 1993.
Views of the temporary exhibition Capturing Time: The New York Times Capsule, held at the American Museum of Natural History, December 4, 1999-March 26, 2000.
Views of the temporary exhibition Dinosaurs of the Lost World, held at the American Museum of Natural History, 1997, Whale Hall. Includes displays, models, and theater.
- Museum exhibits -- Photographs 15
- Africans 1
- Amber 1
- Antarctica -- Discovery and exploration -- British 1
- Aztecs 1
- Diamonds -- Exhibitions 1
- Dinosaurs -- Exhibitions 1
- Electric fishes 1
- Gems 1
- Huaca Rajada Site (Sipán, Peru) -- Exhibitions 1
- Indians of North America 1
- Minerals 1
- Mochica Indians -- Antiquities -- Exhibitions 1
- Mochica Indians -- Kings and rulers -- Exhibitions 1
- Museum visitors 1
- North America 1
- Peru -- Antiquities -- Exhibitions 1
- Portraits 1
- Scientists -- Portraits 1
- Sculpture, Ijo -- Exhibitions 1
- Serigraphy 1
- Sipán (Peru) -- Antiquities -- Exhibitions 1
- Time capsules -- New York (State) -- New York 1
- Watercolor painting 1 ∧ less
- American Museum of Natural History 19
- Chesek, Craig 8
- Department of Anthropology 2
- Andrews, Roy Chapman, 1884-1960 1
- Bauer, O. 1
- Frick, Childs, 1883-1965 1
- Fuertes, Louis Agassiz, 1874-1927 1
- Imperial Trans-Antarctic Expedition (1914-1917) 1
- Jesup, Morris K. (Morris Ketchum), 1830-1908 1
- Joyce, Arthur A. 1
- K. Perkins 1
- Leonardo da Vinci, 1452-1519 1
- MacNeil, Hermon Atkins, 1866-1947 1
- Mickens, Roderick 1
- New York Times Company 1
- Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919 1
- Warhol, Andy, 1928-1987 1 ∧ less