Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
David D. Ryus papers, 1972-1983.
Identifier: DR 126
Dates: 1972 - 1983
Margaret Mead personal snapshots and stationery
Identifier: PPC .M43
Scope and Contents
Several b/w prints of Mead and her daughter (?) and granddaughter (?) plus Margaret Mead's stationery.
Margaret Mead photographs
Identifier: PPC .M431
Scope and Contents
Various black and while photographs. Several of Balinese dancers (undated), some photographs of Margaret Mead.
Margaret Mead portraits, undated.
Identifier: PSC 381
Photographs and copy photographs of Margaret Mead both in the field and portrait views. Some studio portraits by Rosemary Howard (permission must be obtained from Redbook). Some photographs taken from Mead's book, Letters from the Field. One title slides reads"Margaret Mead in Bali, July 1977. Photos by Beryl Bernay.".
Margaret Mead Publications Collection
Dates: Majority of material found within 1925 - 1979
Rams of the rimrock ; Brontosaurus ; Trance and dance in Bali
Identifier: Film Collection no. 27
Scope and Contents SEGMENT 1: Rams of the Rimrock. Harold E. Anthony, AMNH mammalogist, introduces the first segment of this program while standing in front of the bighorn sheep diorama in the museum's Hall of North American Mammals and discusses the courtship behavior of the rams. This film, made by naturalist and AMNH lecturer Cleveland Grant, depicts the animals in head-on collisions fighting for mates. These rams have been known to fight for days over one female. SEGMENT 2: Brontosaurus. Shot in the Hall...
Report of a conference on Germany after the war, circa 1944
Identifier: DR 159
Scope and Contents A report consisting of the abstract of the proceedings along with a series of appendices, drawn up and assembled by a sub-committee composed mostly of New York members including Margaret Mead. The conference was called by the Joint Committee on Post-War Planning, representing the American Association of Mental Deficiency, American Branch of the International League Against Epilepsy, American Neurological Association, American Society for Research in Psychosomatic Problems and the National...
- Names: Mead, Margaret, 1901-1978 X
- Department Records 2
- Photographic Print Collection 2
- Apatosaurus 1
- Bali (Indonesia : Province) -- Social life and customs 1
- Courtship in animals 1
- Dance -- Indonesia -- Bali (Province) 1
- Dinosaurs 1
- Film Collection 1
- Moving Images 1
- Natural history museums -- New York (State) -- New York 1
- Photographic Slide Collection 1
- Rams -- Behavior 1
- War -- Psychological aspects 1 ∧ less
- American Museum of Natural History 4
- Anthony, H. E. (Harold Elmer), 1890-1970 1
- Bateson, Gregory, 1904-1980 1
- CBS/AMNH Adventure Series (1953-1956) 1
- Colbert, Edwin H. (Edwin Harris), 1905-2001 1
- Columbia Broadcasting System, inc. 1
- Ryus, David D. 1
- Simpson, George Gaylord, 1902-1984 1
- Turnbull, Colin M. 1 ∧ less