Showing Collections: 11 - 20 of 24
Views of the exhibits in the Eskimo Hall at AMNH. Includes displays of artifacts, tools, and dioramas.
Photographs of models and exhibitions in the AMNH Hall of Biodiversity, mostly of the Rain Forest diorama. Studio photographs of the individual animals and views of the installation and construction of the diorama. Also includes installation of the giant squid model.
Photographs taken in the AMNH Hall of Biodiversity, including the rainforest diorama (modeled on the Dzanga Sangha rainforest in Central African Republic) and Spectrum of Life. Includes close up images of models.
Photographs of models and exhibits in the AMNH Hall of Human Biology. Mostly views from the hall of exhibit displays. Also includes Homo-Erectus and Australopithecus afarensis reconstruction. Images taken both in the gallery and in the studio.
Interior views of AMNH Hall of Ocean Life and Hall of Biology of Fishes. Includes exhibits such as the Dolphin Group, Fur Seal Group, Walrus, Pearl Divers Group, Blue Whale, and some slides from the Evolutionary Tree of Fishes exhibit.
Slides of face painting designs collected by Carl Lumholtz.
Images of include Indian map of upper and middle Missouri River, birchbark records, quilled buffalo robes, dancing dress with pictographs, Munsee basket, Hidatsa basket and other artifacts.
Slides of Kwakiutl objects and Tlingit helmet. Objects include masks, paintings, and sculptures. One slide of the Haida War Canoe (Great Canoe).
Views of the temporary exhibition, Okavango: Africa's Last Eden, held at the American Museum of Natural History, 1996-1997, Akeley Gallery.
- Names: Chesek, Craig X
- Museum exhibits -- Photographs 13
- Museums -- Educational aspects 2
- Animals, Fossil 1
- Aztecs 1
- Indians of North America 1
- Indians of North America -- Maps 1
- Indians of North America -- Northwest, Pacific 1
- Indians of North America -- Southwest, New 1
- Inuit -- Maps 1
- Ivory carving 1
- Kwakiutl art 1
- Museum visitors 1
- Natural history -- Cuba -- Exhibitions 1
- North America 1
- Okavango River Delta (Botswana) -- Pictorial works 1
- Portraits 1
- Sculpture 1
- Serigraphy 1
- Time capsules -- New York (State) -- New York 1
- Tlingit art 1
- Watercolor painting 1 ∧ less
- Photo Studio 23
- American Museum of Natural History 16
- Finnin, Denis 14
- Beckett, J. (Jackie) 9
- Department of Anthropology 3
- Singer, Arthur 2
- American Museum of Natural History. Department of Vertebrate Paleontology 1
- Andrews, Roy Chapman, 1884-1960 1
- Bauer, O. 1
- Department of Education 1
- Ellison, Mick 1
- Frick Laboratory 1
- Frick, Childs, 1883-1965 1
- Fuertes, Louis Agassiz, 1874-1927 1
- Irma and Paul Milstein Family Hall of Ocean Life 1
- Jesup, Morris K. (Morris Ketchum), 1830-1908 1
- Joyce, Arthur A. 1
- K. Perkins 1
- Lumholtz, Carl, 1851-1922 1
- MacNeil, Hermon Atkins, 1866-1947 1
- Margaret Mead Film Festival 1
- Mickens, Roderick 1
- New York Times Company 1
- Norell, Mark 1
- Peale, Titian Ramsay, 1799-1885 1
- Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919 1
- Rose Center for Earth and Space 1
- Warhol, Andy, 1928-1987 1 ∧ less