Showing Collections: 21 - 30 of 32
Slides for Measuring Time, Exploring Space exhibition and Perkin Library Slides concerning celestial objects. Includes black and white prints and paper documents.
Photographs of various halls and exhibitions at the AMNH.
Views of the temporary exhibition Leonardo's Codex (Codex Leicester), held at the American Museum of Natural History, 1996-1997, Gallery 3. Includes displays and reading room.
Views of the temporary exhibition Nature of Diamonds, held at the American Museum of Natural History, held November 1, 1997-April 26, 1998. Images include exhibits, views of diamond in kimberlite, diamonds in matrix, diamond jewelry, diamonds from royalty, and other diamond artifacts and specimens. Also includes Diamondback turtle, rattler, and moth.
Views of the temporary exhibition Patanal: Brazil's Forgotten Wilderness, held at the American Museum of Natural History, 1993. Akeley Gallery. Featured color photographs documenting rare plant and animal life in Brazil threatened with extinction.
Views of the temporary exhibition Reaching for the Stars, held at the American Museum of Natural History, 2000. Akeley Gallery.
Slides of Richard Hunt, direct descendant of George Hunt, carving and painting a totem pole during the Chiefly Feasts temporary exhibition held at the American Museum of Natural History. Images include museum visitors viewing Hunt working and finished exhibition location in the 77th Street entrance hall across from the Haida canoe.
Slides of the temporary exhibition Royal Tombs of Sipán, held at the American Museum of Natural History, 1994. Gallery 3. The exhibition was organized by the Bruning National Archaeological Museum in Lambayeque, Peru, and the Fowler Museum, in Los Angeles.
Views of the temporary exhibition Sacred Mountains of the World, held at the American Museum of Natural History, 1998, Akeley Gallery. Includes framed mounted photographs with some wall text.
Views of the temporary exhibition Sharks! Fact and Fantasy, held at the American Museum of Natural History, 1994. Images include interactive displays and exhibits. Gallery 3.
- Museum exhibits -- Photographs 31
- Photographic Slide Collection 31
- Dinosaurs -- Exhibitions 2
- Amber 1
- Animals -- Brazil 1
- Antarctica -- Discovery and exploration -- British 1
- Asmat (Indonesian people) 1
- Bears 1
- Body art 1
- Department Records 1
- Diamonds -- Exhibitions 1
- Huaca Rajada Site (Sipán, Peru) -- Exhibitions 1
- Indians of South America -- Brazil -- Xingu River Valley 1
- Kwakiutl art 1
- Mochica Indians -- Antiquities -- Exhibitions 1
- Mochica Indians -- Kings and rulers -- Exhibitions 1
- Museum exhibits 1
- Museum visitors 1
- Papua New Guinea 1
- Peru -- Antiquities -- Exhibitions 1
- Plants -- Brazil 1
- Sculpture, Ijo -- Exhibitions 1
- Sharks -- Exhibitions 1
- Sipán (Peru) -- Antiquities -- Exhibitions 1
- Tapirapé Indians 1
- Time capsules -- New York (State) -- New York 1
- Totem poles 1
- Waura Indians 1
- Waura art 1
- Wood-carving, Asmat -- Exhibitions 1 ∧ less
- American Museum of Natural History. Photo Studio 31
- Beckett, J. (Jackie) 15
- Chesek, Craig 7
- Hayden Planetarium 1
- Imperial Trans-Antarctic Expedition (1914-1917) 1