Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 32
Views of the temporary exhibition Amazon Portrait: Indios e Caboclos, held at the American Museum of Natural History. The exhibition displayed 50 photographs capturing the centuries-old lifestyle of the Amazon's Tapirapé Indians, highlighting the work of Charles Wagley.
Slides of the temporary exhibit Amber: Window to the Past, held at the American Museum of Natural History, 1996-1997. The exhibit displayed a re-creation of a 23 to 30 million-year-old Dominican amber forest. Gallery 3. PSC 50 contains images of the exhibit being constructed and installed. PSC 51 contains images from the finished exhibition.
Slides from the AMNH Hall of Extinct Mammals and other exhibits in the dinosaur halls under construction.
Photographs of the Barosaurus mount in the Theodore Roosevelt Rotunda. Includes images under construction and after construction.
Slides of Asmat people performing a wood carving inside the Hall of Birds of the World at the American Museum of Natural History.
Views of the temporary exhibition Bears: Imagination and Reality, held at the American Museum of Natural History, 1993. Includes visitors viewing dioramas, displays and exhibits.
Photographs for the temporary exhibition Body Art: Marks of Identity, held at the American Museum of Natural History, November 20, 1999-May 29, 2000. 669. Studio photographs of artifacts displayed in gallery. 670. Views of the installed exhibition. Also includes exhibit documentation and construction.
Views of the temporary exhibition Capturing Time: The New York Times Capsule, held at the American Museum of Natural History, December 4, 1999-March 26, 2000.
Views of the temporary exhibition Dinosaurs of the Lost World, held at the American Museum of Natural History, 1997, Whale Hall. Includes displays, models, and theater.
Photographs of the temporary exhibition Endangered! Exploring a World at Risk, held at the American Museum of Natural History, March 8-September 1, 1997, Gallery 3. Images of artists and preparators constructing the exhibition.
- Museum exhibits -- Photographs 31
- Photographic Slide Collection 31
- Dinosaurs -- Exhibitions 2
- Amber 1
- Animals -- Brazil 1
- Antarctica -- Discovery and exploration -- British 1
- Asmat (Indonesian people) 1
- Bears 1
- Body art 1
- Department Records 1
- Diamonds -- Exhibitions 1
- Huaca Rajada Site (Sipán, Peru) -- Exhibitions 1
- Indians of South America -- Brazil -- Xingu River Valley 1
- Kwakiutl art 1
- Mochica Indians -- Antiquities -- Exhibitions 1
- Mochica Indians -- Kings and rulers -- Exhibitions 1
- Museum exhibits 1
- Museum visitors 1
- Papua New Guinea 1
- Peru -- Antiquities -- Exhibitions 1
- Plants -- Brazil 1
- Sculpture, Ijo -- Exhibitions 1
- Sharks -- Exhibitions 1
- Sipán (Peru) -- Antiquities -- Exhibitions 1
- Tapirapé Indians 1
- Time capsules -- New York (State) -- New York 1
- Totem poles 1
- Waura Indians 1
- Waura art 1
- Wood-carving, Asmat -- Exhibitions 1 ∧ less
- American Museum of Natural History. Photo Studio 31
- Beckett, J. (Jackie) 15
- Chesek, Craig 7
- Hayden Planetarium 1
- Imperial Trans-Antarctic Expedition (1914-1917) 1