Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
American Museum of Natural History annual report summaries from Henry Edward Crampton and Roy Waldo Miner, 1908-1932.
Summaries written by Henry Edward Crampton and Roy Waldo Miner for AMNH annual reports. Topics include new installations to AMNH exhibit halls, including the Darwin Hall, expedition summaries, research and publications, specimen collections and accessions. Also includes a five-page timeline of expeditions and field work from 1909-1932.
Mostly field photographs of marine life and native people and their habitats taken at the Red Sea Marine Biological Station, Red Sea, Caroline Islands, Palau Islands, Micronesia, Guam and Honolulu, Hawaii. Also includes images of a pyramid, Malayan Tapir in Cairo Zoo and Roman Quarry at Mons Claudianus. Few pictures of buildings in Egypt. Also included are 7 slides of sea urchins, sea anemone and marine sandworms in the United States.
Photographs of marine invertebrates and sea animals, such as sharks, sea horses, shellfish and fish.
Studio photographs of marine invertebrates, shells.
Field photographs of marine life and mammals in Australia, Great Barrier Reef Expedition, 1962. Includes birds, kangaroos, koalas, and underwater photographs of invertebrates and fish.
Photographs of invertebrate shells.
Close up photographs of fish and marine invertebrates, some taken in the AMNH Hall of Ocean Life. Some animals include starfish, lungfish (coelacanth), seahorse, octopus, eel, coral, barnacles, goldfish, shrimp, and a man-trap clam. Includes images of models.
- Photographic Slide Collection 6
- Marine invertebrates 4
- Invertebrates 3
- Department Records 2
- Fishes 2
- Annual reports 1
- Australia 1
- Birds -- Australia 1
- Caves -- United States. 1
- Caves -- Virginia -- Luray 1
- Earthquakes. 1
- Fishes -- Australia 1
- Geologists -- United States -- Correspondence. 1
- Great Barrier Reef (Qld.) 1
- Invertebrates -- Australia 1
- Invertebrates, Fossil -- Collection and preservation. 1
- Invertebrates, Fossil -- Identification. 1
- Manuscript Collection 1
- Marine fishes 1
- Marsupials -- Australia 1
- Meteorites 1
- Mines and mineral resources -- United states. 1
- Natural history museum curators -- Correspondence 1
- Natural history museums -- New York (State) -- New York -- History 1
- Paleontology -- Methodology. 1
- Pelée, Mount (Martinique) -- Eruption, 1902. 1
- Rocks -- Collection and preservation. 1
- Rocks -- Identification. 1
- Saint-Pierre (Martinique) 1
- San Francisco (Calif.) -- Earthquake, 1906. 1
- Scientific 1
- Scientific expeditions 1
- Sea horses 1
- Sharks 1
- Shells 1
- Soufrière (Saint Vincent and the Grenadines) -- Eruption, 1902. 1
- Volcanoes 1
- Willamette meteorite. 1 ∧ less
- American Museum of Natural History. Department of Invertebrates 1
- Clark, Eugenie 1
- Department of Geology and Paleontology 1
- Eyerdam, Walter J. (Walter Jakob), 1892-1974 1
- Gerner, J. R. 1
- Great Barrier Reef Expedition (1962) 1
- Hovey, Edmund Otis, 1862-1924 1
- Hyman, Libbie Henrietta, 1888-1969 1
- Irma and Paul Milstein Family Hall of Ocean Life 1
- Miner, Roy Waldo, 1875-1955 1
- Stunkard, Horace W. (Horace Wesley), 1889-1989 1
- Whitney South Sea Expedition of the American Museum of Natural History (1920-1941) 1 ∧ less