Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 42
Views of the temporary exhibition Amazon Portrait: Indios e Caboclos, held at the American Museum of Natural History. The exhibition displayed 50 photographs capturing the centuries-old lifestyle of the Amazon's Tapirapé Indians, highlighting the work of Charles Wagley.
Slides of the temporary exhibit Amber: Window to the Past, held at the American Museum of Natural History, 1996-1997. The exhibit displayed a re-creation of a 23 to 30 million-year-old Dominican amber forest. Gallery 3. PSC 50 contains images of the exhibit being constructed and installed. PSC 51 contains images from the finished exhibition.
Slides from the AMNH Hall of Extinct Mammals and other exhibits in the dinosaur halls under construction.
Lienzo of Coixtlahuaca, 36 slides, copy of curator's report enclosed, titled "Report on the 1899 Copy of the Lienzo of Coixtlahuaca II Curated at the American Museum of Natural History" by Arthur A. Joyce, April 1993. Chavero Codex, August 1994, 20 slides.
Studio photographs of electric catfish of African variety.
Photographs of the Barosaurus mount in the Theodore Roosevelt Rotunda. Includes images under construction and after construction.
American Museum of Natural History photographic slides of the Central Park West entrance, 1998-1999.
Photographs of mostly banners displayed on the Central Park West entrance of the museum. Also includes barosaurus decorations.
Portraits of AMNH scientific staff from various departments and views of the labs. Portraits include Niles Eldredge, Peter Möller, Brenda M. Rivera, Diane Bynum, Sidney Horenstein, Nina Root, Jerry Rosen, Richard Tedford, Ross MacPhee, Bill Guch, Barnum Brown, Ray de Lucia, Melanie Stiassny, Radford Arrindell, George Langdon, John Van Couvering, Richard Zwiefel, Marie Lawrence, Laura Freeman, Andy DeSantis, among others.
Portraits of AMNH scientific staff from various departments and views of the labs. Includes portraits of Philip Gifford, C. Laivett Smith, Bobb Schafer, Dr. C. Rand, Amy Davidson, Eldridge, Marilyn Fox, and Carlos Rodriguez (Ichthyology graduate student). Also includes several slides of people working on replica of the Stegosaurus skeleton in the Dinosaur Hall, 1973.
American Museum of Natural History special events photographic slides of Kwanzaa and Black History month, 1992, 1993.
Photographs taken at the AMNH during the Kwanzaa Celebration on December 29, 1992, and Black History Month, February 1993.
- Photographic Slide Collection 41
- Museum exhibits -- Photographs 31
- Dinosaurs -- Exhibitions 2
- Scientists -- Portraits 2
- Amber 1
- Animals -- Brazil 1
- Animals -- Pictorial works 1
- Antarctica -- Discovery and exploration -- British 1
- Asmat (Indonesian people) 1
- Aztecs 1
- Bears 1
- Body art 1
- Department Records 1
- Diamonds -- Exhibitions 1
- Electric fishes 1
- Huaca Rajada Site (Sipán, Peru) -- Exhibitions 1
- Indians of South America -- Brazil -- Xingu River Valley 1
- Kwakiutl art 1
- Mammals -- Exhibitions 1
- Mammals, Fossil -- Exhibitions 1
- Mochica Indians -- Antiquities -- Exhibitions 1
- Mochica Indians -- Kings and rulers -- Exhibitions 1
- Mural painting and decoration -- Conservation and restoration 1
- Museum exhibits 1
- Museum visitors 1
- Papua New Guinea 1
- Peru -- Antiquities -- Exhibitions 1
- Plants -- Brazil 1
- Sculpture, Ijo -- Exhibitions 1
- Sharks -- Exhibitions 1
- Sipán (Peru) -- Antiquities -- Exhibitions 1
- Tapirapé Indians 1
- Time capsules -- New York (State) -- New York 1
- Totem poles 1
- Waura Indians 1
- Waura art 1
- Wood-carving, Asmat -- Exhibitions 1 ∧ less
- American Museum of Natural History. Photo Studio 41
- Beckett, J. (Jackie) 19
- Chesek, Craig 10
- Rose Center for Earth and Space 2
- Hayden Planetarium 1