Department of Ornithology unframed prints collection
Scope and Contents
Archaeopteryx (1), engraved copperplates, paintings, engraved prints, drawings, membership certificates to scientific and academic institutions, oil sketches, lithographic portrait of D.G. Elliot. Works, mostly prints, by other artists include Janet Marshall, Siedel, Jaques, Joseph Wolf, Roger Tory Peterson, an oil sketch by Toshio Asaeda, two bound sets of the Cockatoo portfolio plates by William T. Cooper and limited edition color prints from Mill Pond Press, Florida.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is housed in the Department of Ornithology. Please contact the collection manager for access; materials are sometimes restricted. https://www.amnh.org/research/vertebrate-zoology/ornithology
45.5 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Arranged by artist.
Immediate Source of Acquisition
See: Art file card catalog file
- Department of Ornithology unframed prints collection
- Rebecca Morgan, 2010
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- The Gladys Krieble Delmas Foundation provided support to make this finding aid available in ArchivesSpace (2016-2017). Minimal level collection record created with support from the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) Risk Assessment grant, 2010.
Part of the Department of Ornithology Archives Repository
Division of Vertebrate Zoology
Department of Ornithology
Central Park West at 79th Street
New York NY 10024-5192 US