American Museum of Natural History. Department of Ornithology
Found in 80 Collections and/or Records:
A list of the Tring ornithological collection : [microform] / prepared by Robert Cushman Murphy.
Archbold Expeditions collection
Correspondence, field catalogs and bird lists.
Askoy Expedition collection
Contains correspondence, b/w photographs, including 2 mounted prints, and photographic slides.
Audubon family correspondence, 1846 Nov. 17-1942 Jan. 28
Australia-Buller Expedition collection
Contains correspondence, map, photograph, species list, and field notebooks from 1947 and 1948 expeditions.
Australia-Macmillan Expedition collection
Field notes, catalogs, specimen tags, lists of specimens and photographs. Field specimen numbers Q1 to 254B.
Belgian Congo species card file I, II, III, IV
These are published records and notes that were accummulated subsequent to the publication of the relevant volumes of "Birds of the Belgian Congo." There are also records of bordering regions.
Bird slides and photographs collection
A collection of slides and photographs of bird species, primarily arranged by bird family and also by geographic location.
Catalogue of anatomical bird material
Catalogue of anatomical bird material at the American Museum of Natural History. Entries for each specimen include AMNH number, collector's name, name, date, locality, sex, collector, donor, cross reference, and remarks. The catalogue spans four volumes.
Catalogue of birds in exhibition collection
Catalogue of birds in the exhibition collection at the American Museum of Natural History. Entries for each bird include museum number, original number, name, sex and age, date, locality, name of collector, name of donor, dimensions, and remarks. The catalogue spans two volumes and was originally begun by Edgar A. Mearns during the period 1883-1884. Information in the volumes spans 1812-1994.
- American Museum of Natural History. Department of Ornithology. Archives. 73
- Birds -- Catalogs and collections 15
- Field notes 13
- Manuscript Collection 6
- Ornithologists -- United States -- Correspondence 4
- Scientific expeditions 3
- Birds -- Classification 2
- Birds -- Exhibitions 2
- Naturalists -- United States -- Correspondence 2
- Ornithologists -- Correspondence. 2
- Scientific expeditions -- South America 2
- Zoologists -- United States -- Correspondence 2
- Archives Microfilm 1
- Birds -- Anatomy 1
- Birds -- Australia 1
- Birds -- Catalogs and collections -- New York (State) -- New York. 1
- Birds -- Collection and preservation 1
- Birds -- Congo (Democratic Republic) 1
- Birds -- Peru 1
- Birds -- Photography 1
- Birdsongs 1
- Conservationists -- New York (State) -- New York 1
- Conservationists -- United States 1
- Education -- Museums 1
- Game protection -- United States 1
- Honeyguides. 1
- Hunting -- United States -- Public opinion 1
- Hunting guns 1
- Lantern slides 1
- Mammals -- Classification 1
- Mammals -- Collection and preservation 1
- Mammals -- North America. 1
- Museum curators 1
- Natural history -- Congo (Democratic Republic) 1
- Natural history museum curators -- Correspondence 1
- Ornithologists -- United States 1
- Ornithology -- Congo (Democratic Republic) 1
- Ornithology -- United States 1
- Peru -- Photographs 1
- Research -- Museums 1
- Scientific expeditions -- Ecuador 1
- Scientific expeditions -- Indochina 1
- Scientific expeditions -- New Zealand 1
- Scientific expeditions -- Russia (Federation) -- Siberia 1
- Scientific expeditions -- Venezuela 1 ∧ less