Expeditions, collectors, collections, catalogs, field notes card file
Scope and Contents
Detailed typed card catalog index, includes field notes, geographic cross-references and AMNH catalog numbers for various collections arranged by collector. Catalogs for collections now owned by AMNH. Unpublished manuscripts and data on deposit at AMNH.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is housed in the Department of Ornithology. Please contact the collection manager for access; materials are sometimes restricted. https://www.amnh.org/research/vertebrate-zoology/ornithology
1 Linear Foot
Language of Materials
Arranged by subject.
- American Museum of Natural History -- Catalogs and collections
- American Museum of Natural History. Department of Ornithology. Archives.
- Expeditions, collectors, collections, catalogs, field notes card file, 1870s-1970s
- Rebecca Morgan, 2010
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- The Gladys Krieble Delmas Foundation provided support to make this finding aid available in ArchivesSpace (2016-2017). Minimal level collection record created with support from the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) Risk Assessment grant, 2010.
Part of the Department of Ornithology Archives Repository
Division of Vertebrate Zoology
Department of Ornithology
Central Park West at 79th Street
New York NY 10024-5192 US