Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
Beyond planet Earth : the future of space exploration
Documents and photographs relating to space missions and astrological events
Files and photographs relating to astronomical events such as the Apollo missions. Slides of the planetarium also included, as well as several cardboard backed photos.
Hayden Planetarium artwork for shows and exhibits, undated.
Original artwork, diagrams and pictures depicting outer space and other various topics.
Hayden Planetarium Interplanetary Reservations
NASA Apollo 11 documents and printed material, 1969-1970.
Collection includes: Lunar Orbiter photographic data, Apollo Mission photography indexes, Apollo 11 lunar landing mission press kit, Apollo 11 photographic catalogue, Apollo 11 lunar photography with correspondence, two posters, and two copies of promotional Log of Apollo 11.
National Center for Science Literacy, Education and Technology (NCSLET) retired Curriculum Collections
This collection contains curriculum material that has been retired from the AMNH website. The curricula were designed for educators, students and families and includes activities, readings, and other content related to varied science subjects. They are arranged in their original subject groupings as curriculum sets.
Neil deGrasse Tyson documents on U.S. space exploration policies and other related policies, early 2000s.
Includes letterhead, Future of Aerospace Industry related documents and binders, Aerospace Commission minutes, documents on commercialization of space (Commission on Moon, Mars, and Beyond), Commission on the Future of the U.S. Aerospace Industry and documents on U.S. Space Exploration Policy.
Photographs of astronomical equipment, astronomical events, and outer space, late 1800s-1967
Photographs of telescopes, observatories, antennas and other astronomical equipment as well as drawings of solar events, star maps and photographs of nebulae and galaxies. NASA photos and press kit for Surveyor and Lunar Orbiter also included.
Planetary sciences photographic slides, circa 1960-1990s.
Slides from old Hayden Planetarium including the Hall of the Sun exhibits, murals, art and Zeiss projector. Images of Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, moon rocks and moon surface, sun spots, stars, constellations, eclipse, galaxy, nebulas. Total solar eclipse from February 16, 1980, taken at Voi, Kenya, Africa. Eclipse of the moon dated March 13, 1960. Jay Barbree Space Collection includes astronaut medallions, matches, boxes, patches. Many images of Planetarium sculpture (Michelle Doner).
Trip through space ; Life in a garden ; Tuna fishermen
- Department Records 6
- Manned space flight 2
- Outer space -- Exploration 2
- Space 2
- Space flight 2
- Space tourism 2
- Advertising 1
- Biology 1
- Education -- Museums 1
- Exhibition Videorecording 1
- Film Collection 1
- Garden ecology 1
- Interplanetary voyages 1
- Lunar eclipses 1
- Lunar mineralogy 1
- Moon -- Exploration 1
- Moving Images 1
- Museum exhibits 1
- Museum exhibits -- Photographs 1
- Natural history museums -- Educational aspects 1
- Natural resources -- Study and teaching 1
- Outer space -- Exploration -- Exhibitions 1
- Photographic Slide Collection 1
- Planetariums -- New York (State) -- New York 1
- Solar eclipses 1
- Space environment 1
- Space flight -- Exhibitions 1
- Space flight to the moon 1
- Sun 1
- Tuna fishing -- Italy -- Sicily 1
- Tuna industry -- Italy -- Sicily 1 ∧ less
- American Museum of Natural History 7
- Hayden Planetarium 5
- United States. National Aeronautics and Space Administration 2
- CBS/AMNH Adventure Series (1953-1956) 1
- Chamberlain, Joseph Miles 1
- Columbia Broadcasting System, inc. 1
- Department of Education 1
- Department of Exhibition 1
- Forrester, Frank H. 1
- National Center for Science Literacy, Education and Technology 1
- Naval Research Laboratory (U.S.) 1
- Parr, Albert Eide, 1900-1991 1
- Photo Studio 1
- Pough, Richard H. (Richard Hooper), 1904-2003 1
- Rose Center for Earth and Space 1
- Tyson, Neil deGrasse 1 ∧ less