Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 35
Photographs of animals and flowers in nature. Two photographs of a giant panda and giraffe at the New York Zoological Park (Bronx Zoo).
Photographs of East Africa including game parks in Kenya and Tanzania. Amboseli, Murchison River, Ngorongoro. Birds and safari animals, hippopotamus, lion, elephant, eland, warthog, gerenuk and flamingo among others. Some slides taken in Nairobi.
Photographs of mammals taken by various photographers. Animals include dogs, cats, raccoons, bears, gorillas, sheep, anteater, squirrels, bison, camels, beavers, a shrew, and a fox.
American Museum of Natural History photographic slides of the old Dinosaur and Fossil Mammal Halls, undated.
Mostly images of old dinosaur models and mammal fossils on exhibit. Includes photographs of exhibition wall panels. Some slides stamped with "Digging Up the Dinosaur".
Mostly photographs taken at the New York Zoo, 1976. Includes images of pandas, rhinoceros, bears and other mammals. Some images of New York City.
35mm slides and medium format color transparencies of murals before restoration. Unknown location of murals. Animals depicted include moose, elephants and beavers.
Majority of photographs taken in Alaska (1985) of polar bears. Some birds and landscape images. Seven photographs taken in Africa (1966, 1967, 1971) of lions, elephants, and rhinoceroses.
Photographs taken in Botswana and Namibia, mostly of animals. Areas include Chobe, Salvadura, Etosha, San-ta-Wani, Savuti, Khwai, Skeleton Closet, Goas, Kalkheuwel, Halili, Okaukuejo, Ombika, Himba, Shakawe, Chudop, Klein Namutoni, Victoria Falls, Helro, and Homob.
Photographs of animals taken at the Ding Darling National Wildlife Refuge (Sanibel Island, Florida). Some photographs of animals in Busch Gardens (Tampa Bay).
Photographs taken in Africa: Ethiopia, Egypt, Kenya, Cape Point, Victoria Falls, Pondo, Masai, Mombasa, and Livingston Reserve. Includes images of safari animals, landscapes, and monuments as well as scenes with a native healer.
- Animals 8
- Zoo animals 7
- Animals -- Africa 6
- Africa 3
- Animals -- North America 3
- Animals, Fossil 2
- Marine animals 2
- Museum exhibits -- Photographs 2
- Wildlife photography 2
- Africa -- Antiquities 1
- Animals -- Africa, East 1
- Animals -- Alaska 1
- Animals -- Alaska -- McKinley, Mount 1
- Animals -- Alberta -- Banff National Park 1
- Animals -- Alberta -- Jasper National Park 1
- Animals -- Antarctica 1
- Animals -- Australia 1
- Animals -- Botswana 1
- Animals -- Brazil 1
- Animals -- Galapagos Islands -- Photographs 1
- Animals -- Namibia 1
- Animals -- Pictorial works 1
- Antarctica 1
- Baboons 1
- Dinosaurs -- Exhibitions 1
- Elk 1
- Flowers 1
- Galapagos Islands 1
- Geology -- Galapagos Islands -- Photographs 1
- Gorilla 1
- Insects 1
- Jasper National Park (Alta.) 1
- Livestock 1
- Marine animals -- Type specimens 1
- McKinley, Mount (Alaska) 1
- Mural painting and decoration -- Conservation and restoration 1
- Nature photography 1
- Photography of animals 1
- Plants -- Brazil 1
- Sanibel Island (Fla.) 1
- Silk weaving -- Cyprus 1
- Zoo animals -- New York (State) -- New York 1 ∧ less
- American Museum of Natural History 20
- American Museum of Natural History. Photo Studio 3
- Finnin, Denis 3
- Chambers, Kenneth A. 2
- Puza, Frank 2
- American Museum of Natural History. Department of Vertebrate Paleontology 1
- American Museum of Natural History. Frick Laboratories 1
- Chesek, Craig 1
- Denham, Reginald, 1894-1983 1
- Ellison, Mick 1
- Fulton, Thomas 1
- Gates, G. M. 1
- Hassler, William G. 1
- Ker, Donald I. (Donald Ian), 1905-1981 1
- Ker, Edie 1
- Knight, Charles Robert, 1874-1953 1
- New York Aquarium 1
- New York Zoological Park 1
- Norell, Mark 1
- Orth, John C. 1
- Saunders, John R. (John Richard) 1
- Van Gelder, Richard George, 1928-1994 1 ∧ less