Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 34
Africa: Exploration and Expedition exhibition photographic slides
Views of the temporary exhibition, Africa: Exploration and Expedition, held at the American Museum of Natural History, 1998, Library Gallery. Includes rare books, artifacts, portraits, and maps as well as items from the Chapin Lang Congo Expedition 1909-1915. Curated by Roscoe Thompson, then Assistant Director of Library Services.
African Peoples Hall photographic slide collection, undated.
American Museum of Natural History Hall of African Peoples.
Amber: Window to the Past photographic slides of exhibition, 1996-1997.
Slides of the temporary exhibit Amber: Window to the Past, held at the American Museum of Natural History, 1996-1997. The exhibit displayed a re-creation of a 23 to 30 million-year-old Dominican amber forest. Gallery 3. PSC 50 contains images of the exhibit being constructed and installed. PSC 51 contains images from the finished exhibition.
American Museum of Natural History photographic slides of a fallen kiosk, undated.
Photographs of a fallen kiosk, knocked over by construction, in front of the AMNH.
American Museum of Natural History photographic slides of Codices
Lienzo of Coixtlahuaca, 36 slides, copy of curator's report enclosed, titled "Report on the 1899 Copy of the Lienzo of Coixtlahuaca II Curated at the American Museum of Natural History" by Arthur A. Joyce, April 1993. Chavero Codex, August 1994, 20 slides.
American Museum of Natural History photographic slides of electric catfish, undated.
Studio photographs of electric catfish of African variety.
American Museum of Natural History photographic slides of Movable Museum
Photographs of the Movable Museum bus in front of the AMNH entrance on 77th Street.
American Museum of Natural History photographic slides of old restaurant demolition
Photographs taken in the AMNH Courtyard of the old restaurant demolition.
American Museum of Natural History Portraits and Lab views photographic slides, 1970s-1990s
Portraits of AMNH scientific staff from various departments and views of the labs. Portraits include Niles Eldredge, Peter Möller, Brenda M. Rivera, Diane Bynum, Sidney Horenstein, Nina Root, Jerry Rosen, Richard Tedford, Ross MacPhee, Bill Guch, Barnum Brown, Ray de Lucia, Melanie Stiassny, Radford Arrindell, George Langdon, John Van Couvering, Richard Zwiefel, Marie Lawrence, Laura Freeman, Andy DeSantis, among others.
American Museum of Natural History special events photographic slides of Kwanzaa and Black History month, 1992, 1993.
Photographs taken at the AMNH during the Kwanzaa Celebration on December 29, 1992, and Black History Month, February 1993.
- Museum exhibits -- Photographs 25
- Amber 1
- Antarctica -- Discovery and exploration -- British 1
- Ashanti (African people) 1
- Aztecs 1
- Cree Indians 1
- Diamonds -- Exhibitions 1
- Dinosaurs -- Exhibitions 1
- Electric fishes 1
- Huaca Rajada Site (Sipán, Peru) -- Exhibitions 1
- Mochica Indians -- Antiquities -- Exhibitions 1
- Mochica Indians -- Kings and rulers -- Exhibitions 1
- Moon 1
- Museum visitors 1
- Peru -- Antiquities -- Exhibitions 1
- Scientists -- Portraits 1
- Sculpture, Ijo -- Exhibitions 1
- Sipán (Peru) -- Antiquities -- Exhibitions 1
- Time capsules -- New York (State) -- New York 1
- Wildlife photography -- Competitions 1 ∧ less
- Photo Studio 33
- Finnin, Denis 19
- Chesek, Craig 6
- American Museum Congo Expedition (1909-1915) 1
- Boltin, Lee 1
- Hall of African Peoples 1
- Imperial Trans-Antarctic Expedition (1914-1917) 1
- Jesup North Pacific Expedition (1897-1902) 1
- Joyce, Arthur A. 1
- K. Perkins 1
- Leonardo da Vinci, 1452-1519 1
- Mickens, Roderick 1
- New York Times Company 1
- Nichols, John T. (John Treadwell), 1883-1958 1
- Nicholson, Thomas D. 1
- Otumfuo Opoku Ware, King of the Ashanti, II, 1919-1999 1 ∧ less