Showing Collections: 1 - 10 of 10
An African Safari
Alousie Boker photographic slide collection of African animals and birds, undated.
Photographs of East Africa including game parks in Kenya and Tanzania. Amboseli, Murchison River, Ngorongoro. Birds and safari animals, hippopotamus, lion, elephant, eland, warthog, gerenuk and flamingo among others. Some slides taken in Nairobi.
And so ... we went to Africa
Carl and Mary in Africa
Donald Ker photographic slide collection
Majority of photographs taken in Alaska (1985) of polar bears. Some birds and landscape images. Seven photographs taken in Africa (1966, 1967, 1971) of lions, elephants, and rhinoceroses.
Elizabeth Morton photographic slide collection of Africa, circa 1951-1953.
Photographs taken in Africa: Ethiopia, Egypt, Kenya, Cape Point, Victoria Falls, Pondo, Masai, Mombasa, and Livingston Reserve. Includes images of safari animals, landscapes, and monuments as well as scenes with a native healer.
Jean B. Thorpe photographic slide collection, undated.
Travel photographs taken mostly of animals in Africa including lions, hyena, African buffalo, elephants, leopards, cheetahs, a hippopotamus, crocodiles, zebras, and a black rhinoceros. Also includes a few images of women spinning silk in Cyprus and one slide taken in Kashgai, Pakistan, of a donkey with two riders and their possessions.
Reginald Denham photographic slide collection of birds and mammals in Africa and Australia
Photographs of birds and mammals in Africa, Australia. Also includes one slide of African dancers.
Richard Van Gelder photographic slide collection of Africa, 1960-1981.
Photographs taken in Africa of animals in nature, mostly mammals. Includes lions, cheetahs, elephants, hippopotamuses, wildebeests, baboons, giraffes, zebras, impala, hyenas, buffalo, elephant shrews, and jackals among others. Some photographs of colleagues, native people, and city buildings. Areas include Botswana, Serengeti, Kenya, Tanzania, and Zambia. 551. Photographs taken 1960-1975. 552. Photographs taken 1976-1979. 553. Photographs taken 1981 and undated.
Robert H. Minton photographic slide collection, undated.
Photographs of safari animals in East Africa. Includes zebra, giraffe, rhinoceros, lion, leopard, cheetah, baboon, and crocodile.
- Photographic Slide Collection 7
- Animals -- Africa 6
- Africa 3
- Film Collection 3
- Moving Images 3
- Jungle animals -- Africa, East 2
- Wildlife photography 2
- Africa -- Antiquities 1
- Africa, Central -- Description and travel 1
- Africa, East -- Description and travel 1
- Amboseli National Park (Kenya) 1
- Animals -- Africa, East 1
- Animals -- Alaska 1
- Animals -- Australia 1
- Diorama 1
- Ethnology -- Africa, Central 1
- Hornbills -- Africa, East 1
- Hunting -- Africa, East 1
- Jungle animals -- Africa, Central 1
- Lake Manyara National Park (Tanzania) 1
- Maasai (African people) -- Social life and customs 1
- Safaris -- Africa, East 1
- Scientific expeditions -- Africa, Central 1
- Serengeti National Park (Tanzania) 1
- Silk weaving -- Cyprus 1
- Zoological specimens -- Collection and preservation 1 ∧ less
- American Museum of Natural History 7
- Akeley, Carl Ethan, 1864-1926 1
- Akeley, Mary L. Jobe (Mary Lenore Jobe), 1878-1966 1
- Akeley-Eastman-Pomeroy African Hall Expedition of the American Museum of Natural History (1926-1927) 1
- American Museum of Natural History. Akeley Memorial Hall of African Mammals 1
- Bendig, Allen 1
- Central African Expedition of the American Museum of Natural History (1947-1948) 1
- Clark, James L. (James Lippitt), 1883-1969 1
- Denham, Reginald, 1894-1983 1
- Deusing, Murl 1
- Healy, Scott 1
- Jansson, Arthur August, 1890-1960 1
- Ker, Donald I. (Donald Ian), 1905-1981 1
- Lowry, Barbara 1
- Lowry, David A. 1
- Raddatz, Richard 1
- Rockwell, Robert H. 1
- Sound Masters (Film) 1
- Van Gelder, Richard George, 1928-1994 1 ∧ less