Showing Collections: 1 - 7 of 7
Allen Seltzer photographic slide collection, 1971, 1980-1984.
Various photographs including New York street scenes and monuments, solar eclipse (November 23, 1984; February 16, 1980; January 23, 1984; June 6, 1982), Stonehenge, launch of spaceship Discovery (August 1984), Navajo Indians in Arizona, geologic sites in Four Corners region, and Carlsbad Caverns.
D. Owen Stephens collection, 1937 May 14-1937 June 8.
Planetary sciences photographic slides, circa 1960-1990s.
Slides from old Hayden Planetarium including the Hall of the Sun exhibits, murals, art and Zeiss projector. Images of Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, moon rocks and moon surface, sun spots, stars, constellations, eclipse, galaxy, nebulas. Total solar eclipse from February 16, 1980, taken at Voi, Kenya, Africa. Eclipse of the moon dated March 13, 1960. Jay Barbree Space Collection includes astronaut medallions, matches, boxes, patches. Many images of Planetarium sculpture (Michelle Doner).
The Shadow in the East following Third Contact / LL "D.O. Stephens" - "Peru 1937"
Mountains, buildings, and crowd in foreground / clouds, light and stars in background. "The first bit of sunlight strikes the mountain top eclipse camp as the moon's shadow retreats to the east." Inscription: On stretcher " 'The Shadow in the East following Third Contact'/ made at time of Eclipse - Cerro de Pasco, Peru 14,400/painted June 1937 two days after from sketch/D.O. Stephens - This shows the eclipse site and crowd."
[The three solar eclipses seen in the United States in 1918, 1923, and 1925] [art original] / [H.R. Butler]
Total Eclipse / LL "D.O. Stephens" - "Peru 1937"
"With the visible sun hidden by the dark disk of the moon, the usually invisible streamers of the corona flesh forth, extending nearly two million miles in space, these plumes of the sun's upper atmosphere brighten a darkened sky." Inscription: "June 8 1937, 5.21 Cerro de Pasco, Peru Altitude 14,400".
Total Solar Eclipse
- Solar eclipses -- Art 4
- Art Survey 3
- Photographic Slide Collection 2
- Solar eclipses 2
- Arizona 1
- Art and science. 1
- Artists -- United States -- Correspondence. 1
- Astronomy in art. 1
- Cerro de Pasco (Peru) -- Description and travel 1
- Indians of South America -- Peru -- Pictorial works 1
- Lunar eclipses 1
- Lunar mineralogy 1
- Manhattan (New York, N.Y.) 1
- Manuscript Collection 1
- Museum exhibits -- Photographs 1
- New Mexico 1
- Painters -- United States -- Correspondence. 1
- Peru -- Description and travel 1
- Solar eclipses -- 1937. 1
- Solar eclipses -- Pictorial works 1
- Space flight 1 ∧ less
- English 6
- Stephens, D. Owen (Daniel Owen), 1893-1937 2
- American Museum of Natural History 1
- Butler, Howard Russell, 1856-1934 1
- Hayden Planetarium 1
- Hayden Planetarium-Grace Peruvian Eclipse Expedition (1937) 1