Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1
Identifier: Mss .J37
Francis Lee Jaques (28 September 1887-24 July 1969), also known as Lee Jaques, is celebrated for his diorama paintings at the American Museum of Natural History, executed during the early and mid-twentieth century. A frequent collaborator with Museum curator and ornithologist Frank M. Chapman (1864-1945), the artist is especially associated with the Whitney Memorial Hall of Pacific Bird Life (that was co-designed with Robert Cushman Murphy, Museum curator and ornithologist). This collection...
- Repository: Research Library Special Collections
- Subject: Manuscript Collection
- Subject: Scientific expeditions
- Subject: Arctic regions -- Discovery and exploration
- Names: Jaques, Francis Lee, 1887-1969