Showing Collections: 1 - 9 of 9
American Museum of Natural History Bird Halls photographic slides, 1949, undated.
Slides of the American Museum of Natural History Bird halls including Whitney Hall Birds of Pacific and Conservation Group from the Roosevelt Hall. Images from dioramas. Captions describe bird names and AMNH hall location.
American Museum of Natural History photographic slides of the Roosevelt Rotunda renovation
Photographs of the Roosevelt Memorial and Roosevelt Rotunda taken by Adam Anik for AMNH Development. Images of Barosaurus model, rotunda walls, and murals. Includes three slides of the Old New York diorama, photographers listed as P. Sternberg, Frank Puza, and Ben Wasserman.
Department of Preparation and Installation exhibition accession records
Contains accession records, inventory lists, correspondence related to accession of art works and expedition memorabilia for AMNH exhibitions, such as Theodore Roosevelt Memorial, Admiral Byrd collection (including list of Antarctic Expedition equipment and correspondence between Byrd and curator), John Burroughs exhibit, Amundsen-Ellsworth Polar expedition. Also contains accession records book, correspondence, and master sheet from defunct Department of Geography.
Dorling Kindersley photographic slides of Barosaurus exhibits at the American Museum of Natural History
Photographs taken for the book, The Visual Dictionary of Dinosaurs (Dorling Kindersley). Images of Barosaurus bones and exhibits at the American Museum of Natural History. Includes the installation of the Barosaurus exhibit in the Roosevelt Rotunda and views of exhibits in the Late Dinosaur Hall. Includes correspondence and details of slides. Some images described are not in this collection.
Exhibition Tools and Materials
Exterior views of the American Museum of Natural History, 1949-1994
Proposed Roosevelt Memorial Facade / LR "Adams & Grace, Co. NY"
Facade with buffalo on right, bears on left, six cars and trees in foreground. Gouache, ink wash, pencil on paper. Inscription: LL "Trowbridge & Livingston/Archt's. N.Y." Frame: Carved wood, gilt, glazed, 46 x 54 7/8.
Theodore Roosevelt Memorial and Exhibitions collection
Theodore Roosevelt Memorial Hall
- Photographic Slide Collection 4
- Museum exhibits -- Photographs 3
- AMNH Dioramas 1
- AMNH Permanent Exhibitions 1
- Art Survey 1
- Department Records 1
- Dinosaurs -- Exhibitions 1
- Exhibition Videorecording 1
- Manuscript Collection 1
- Natural history -- Exhibitions 1
- Taxidermy 1 ∧ less
- English 8
- American Museum of Natural History 5
- Photo Studio 3
- Roosevelt, Theodore, 1858-1919 3
- Department of Exhibition 2
- Akeley, Carl Ethan, 1864-1926 1
- American Museum of Natural History. Akeley Memorial Hall of African Mammals 1
- American Museum of Natural History. Department of Mammalogy 1
- American Museum of Natural History. Department of Preparation and Installation 1
- American Museum of Natural History. Hall of Late Dinosaurs 1
- Bernard Family Hall of North American Mammals 1
- Brinkley, Douglas 1
- Burroughs, John, 1837-1921 1
- Chapman, Frank M. (Frank Michler), 1864-1945 1
- Dorling Kindersley, Inc. 1
- Ellsworth, Lincoln, 1880-1951 1
- Filardi, Christopher E. 1
- Fraser, James Earle, 1876-1953 1
- Gardiner, Lynton 1
- Hayden Planetarium 1
- Kakar, Narinder 1
- Lynch, Mary Ann 1
- Morris, Edmund 1
- O'Toole, Patricia 1
- Osborn, Henry Fairfield, 1857-1935 1
- Salazar, Ken 1
- St. Clair, Guy, 1940- 1
- Thomas, David Hurst 1
- Whitney Memorial Hall of Oceanic Birds 1
- Wilson, James Perry, 1889-1976 1 ∧ less