Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Camping among the Indians
Identifier: Film Collection no. 22
Scope and Contents Filmed during the AMNH-Woodcraft Indian Trip to the Southwest, 1927. The AMNH Woodcraft Indian trip was led by Ernest Thompson Seton, the author, and George Clyde Fisher (AMNH curator of visual instruction). The film depicts a variety of dances (the buffalo, hood, war, eagle, corn, deer and snowbird) performed by Indians of the Tesuque, Taos, Acoma and Santa Clara Pueblos. Fisher also filmed other activities of the local people during the trip, most notably an intertribal ceremony in Gallup,...
[Chipmunks] / LR "Ernest E. Thompson"
Identifier: Art Survey No. 198
Two chipmunks on branch. Frame: Black painted wood, glazed.
[Collection of Drawings and Watercolors].
Identifier: Art Survey No. 1310
Dates: 1880 - 1900
Ernest Thompson Seton Paintings collection
Identifier: Archives Orn54
Scope and Contents
Pencil sketch with tail feathers, wash drawings, and lithographs.
Dates: circa 1890-1900
Found in: Department of Ornithology Archives
John G. Samson photos of illustrations from "The Worlds of Ernest Thompson Seton"
Identifier: PPC .S26
Scope and Contents
Images from the book, "The Worlds of Ernest Thompson Seton".
- Names: Seton, Ernest Thompson, 1860-1946 X
- Museum Archives at the Gottesman Research Library 4
- Department of Ornithology Archives 1
- Art Survey 2
- American Museum of Natural History. Department of Ornithology. Archives. 1
- Birds 1
- Birds -- Pictorial works 1
- Chipmunks -- Art. 1
- Film Collection 1
- Indian dance -- Southwest, New 1
- Indians of North America -- Southwest, New -- Rites and ceremonies 1
- Mammals -- Art. 1
- Moving Images 1
- Photographic Print Collection 1
- Pueblo dance 1 ∧ less
- American Museum of Natural History 1
- Woodcraft Indian Trip to the Southwest of the American Museum of Natural History (1927) 1