Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
[Patriofelis and crocodile] [art original] / Chas. R. Knight.
Scope and Contents
Painting of weasel-like prehistoric mammal baring its teeth at a crocodile swimming in a stream. Signed and dated at lower left: Chas. R. Knight, 1906.
Tylosaurus dyspelor [art original] / [Charles R. Knight]
Identifier: Floor 1, Stack 1-11
Scope and Contents The top illustration, by Charles Knight, was reproduced in Henry Fairfield Osborn's article entitled: A complete mosasaur skeleton, osseous and cartilaginous, issued as Memoirs of the American Museum of Natural History, v. 1, pt. 4 (Oct. 1899), on page 186. The bottom illustration is a variation of the illustration on that same page and was based on drawings by W.D. Matthew and Bruce Horsfall under Osborn's direction. Published illustrations lack textual labels of the animal's parts....
- Creodonta -- Pictorial works 1
- Crocodiles, Fossil -- Pictorial works 1
- Mammals, Fossil -- Pictorial works 1
- Patriofelis -- Pictorial works 1
- Tylosaurus -- Anatomy 1
- Tylosaurus -- Pictorial works 1 ∧ less
- Horsfall, R. Bruce (Robert Bruce), 1869-1948 1
- Matthew, William Diller, 1871-1930 1