Showing Collections: 21 - 30 of 51
Identifier: PSC 555
Abstract Views of the temporary exhibition Dinosaurs of the Lost World, held at the American Museum of Natural History, 1997, Whale Hall. Includes displays, models, and theater.
Identifier: PSC 531
Abstract Photographs of the temporary exhibition Endangered! Exploring a World at Risk, held at the American Museum of Natural History, March 8-September 1, 1997, Gallery 3. Images of artists and preparators constructing the exhibition.
Identifier: PSC 565
Abstract Views of the temporary exhibition Endangered! Exploring a World at Risk, held at the American Museum of Natural History, March 8-September 1, 1997, Gallery 3. Images of people visiting the exhibition, displays, artifacts, models, and wall text.
Identifier: PSC 659
Scope and Contents Views of the temporary exhibition The Endurance: Shakleton's Legendary Antarctic Expedition, held at the American Museum of Natural History, April 10-October 11, 1999. The exhibition featured more than 150 compelling photographs by expedition photographer Frank Hurley in the most extensive presentation ever mounted on this dramatic journey. Many of the images were on view for the first time, displayed alongside diary excerpts and expedition artifacts, including the actual lifeboat used in the...
Identifier: PSC 623, 657-658
Scope and Contents Views of the temporary exhibition, Epidemic! The World of Infectious Disease, held at the American Museum of Natural History, February 27-September 6, 1999. Epidemic! Mostly images of the finished exhibition in the gallery as well as preparators building and painting models in the studio.
Identifier: PSC 624-626
Scope and Contents Photographs of models and exhibitions in the AMNH Hall of Biodiversity, mostly of the Rain Forest diorama. Studio photographs of the individual animals and views of the installation and construction of the diorama. Also includes installation of the giant squid model.
Identifier: PSC 666
Scope and Contents Close photographs up images of animal models on display in the AMNH Hall of Biodiversity.
Identifier: PSC 616
Scope and Contents Photographs taken in the AMNH Hall of Biodiversity, including the rainforest diorama (modeled on the Dzanga Sangha rainforest in Central African Republic) and Spectrum of Life. Includes close up images of models.
Identifier: PSC 68
Abstract Slides from a possible restoration of the Homoerectus Diorama in the AMNH Hall of Human Biology and Evolution. Images of working crew measuring and removing models from the exhibit.
Identifier: PSC 34-35
Abstract Slides include diorama construction, ceiling fabrication, Homo-Erectus and Neanderthal models, and exhibit displays. Images taken both in the gallery and in the studio.
- Names: Finnin, Denis X
- Photographic Slide Collection 50
- Museum exhibits -- Photographs 34
- Dinosaurs -- Exhibitions 3
- Scientists -- Portraits 2
- Africans 1
- Amber 1
- Animals -- Brazil 1
- Animals -- Pictorial works 1
- Animals, Fossil 1
- Antarctica -- Discovery and exploration -- British 1
- Asmat (Indonesian people) 1
- Aztecs 1
- Bears 1
- Body art 1
- Department Records 1
- Diamonds -- Exhibitions 1
- Electric fishes 1
- Gems 1
- Huaca Rajada Site (Sipán, Peru) -- Exhibitions 1
- Indians of North America 1
- Indians of North America -- Maps 1
- Indians of South America -- Brazil -- Xingu River Valley 1
- Inuit -- Maps 1
- Ivory carving 1
- Kwakiutl art 1
- Mammals -- Exhibitions 1
- Mammals, Fossil -- Exhibitions 1
- Minerals 1
- Mochica Indians -- Antiquities -- Exhibitions 1
- Mochica Indians -- Kings and rulers -- Exhibitions 1
- Mural painting and decoration -- Conservation and restoration 1
- Museum exhibits 1
- Museum visitors 1
- North America 1
- Papua New Guinea 1
- Peru -- Antiquities -- Exhibitions 1
- Plants -- Brazil 1
- Portraits 1
- Sculpture 1
- Sculpture, Ijo -- Exhibitions 1
- Serigraphy 1
- Sharks -- Exhibitions 1
- Sipán (Peru) -- Antiquities -- Exhibitions 1
- Tapirapé Indians 1
- Time capsules -- New York (State) -- New York 1
- Totem poles 1
- Watercolor painting 1
- Waura Indians 1
- Waura art 1
- Wood-carving, Asmat -- Exhibitions 1 ∧ less