Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
American Museum of Natural History correspondence regarding Moth and Butterfly Club membership, 1953-1955.
Contains letters between Cyril F. Dos Passos and a member of the Moth and Butterfly Club based in Bristol, Colorado regarding membership, payment of dues, and request of specimen samples.
The collection consists of minimally processed material. It is primarily correspondence, with some administrative papers, notes, newspaper clippings and a few personal and family photographs. Some general subject headings are noted in pencil on the outside of the boxes, such as Lepidoptera, Entomology, Zoological nomenclature and Carnegie [Institute]. Correspondents include F. Martin Brown, Jeane D. Gunder, Alexander B. Klots and Charles Lee Remington.
Mostly correspondence, personal and general, includes various field books, research and collection management paperwork.
- Names: Dos Passos, Cyril F. (Cyril Franklin), 1887-1986 X
- Department Records 2
- Animals -- Nomenclature 1
- Butterflies -- Classification -- History -- Sources. 1
- Butterflies -- North America -- Classification -- History -- Sources. 1
- Butterflies -- Type specimens -- North America -- Catalogs and collections. 1
- Entomologists -- United States -- Correspondence 1
- Lepidoptera -- Classification -- History -- Sources. 1
- Lepidoptera -- North America -- Classification -- History -- Sources. 1
- Lepidoptera -- Type specimens -- North America -- Catalogs and collections. 1
- Manuscript Collection 1
- Science clubs 1 ∧ less
- Klots, Alexander B. (Alexander Barrett), 1903-1989 2
- American Museum of Natural History 1
- Brown, F. Martin (Frederick Martin), 1903-1993 1
- Carnegie Institute 1
- Department of Entomology 1