Frank M. Chapman collection
Scope and Contents
Field notes, catalogs and note books from locations including Colorado, Florida, Chile, the Caribbean, New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Cuba, Princes Town, Dominica, Yucatan, Bahamas, England, South Carolina, Canada, New Hampshire, Mexico, Colombia, Texas, and Trinidad, correspondence, notebook of Edith Van Buren Chapman, manuscripts, photographs, scrapbooks, monographs, biographical material and diplomas, publications, including signed issues.
- 1872-1938, 1973-1977
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is housed in the Department of Ornithology. Please contact the collection manager for access; materials are sometimes restricted. https://www.amnh.org/research/vertebrate-zoology/ornithology
8.33 Linear Feet (9 manuscript boxes, 8 custom boxes, 16 volumes, 1 oversized enclosure and 1 folder)
Language of Materials
Arranged roughly by format and date.
- Frank M. Chapman collection, 1872-1938, 1973-1977
- Rebecca Morgan, 2010
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- The Gladys Krieble Delmas Foundation provided support to make this finding aid available in ArchivesSpace (2016-2017). Minimal level collection record created with support from the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) Risk Assessment grant, 2010.
Part of the Department of Ornithology Archives Repository
Division of Vertebrate Zoology
Department of Ornithology
Central Park West at 79th Street
New York NY 10024-5192 US