James P. Chapin species file
Scope and Contents
James Paul Chapin's files on various bird species, contained in eleven file drawers. Drawer 1 is labeled "Ratites-Accipitridae (part)." Drawer 2 is labeled "Falconidae-Rallidae." Drawer 3 is labeled "Heliornithidae-Cuculidae (part)." Drawer 4 is labeled "Cuculidae (part)-Strigidae." Drawer 5 is labeled "Tytonidae-Eurylaemidae." Drawer 6 is labeled "Pittidae-Sylviidae (part)." Drawer 7 is labeled "Sylviidae (part)-Turdidae (part)." Drawer 8 is labeled "Turdidae (part)-Hirundinidae." Drawer 9 is labeled "Dicruridae-Zosteropidae." Drawer 10 is labeled "Promeropidae-Ploceidae (part)." Drawer 11 is labeled "Ploceidae (part)-Fingillidae."
- circa 1930s-1950s
- Chapin, James Paul, 1889-1964 (Person)
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is housed in the Department of Ornithology. Please contact the collection manager for access; materials are sometimes restricted. https://www.amnh.org/research/vertebrate-zoology/ornithology
5.5 Linear Feet
Language of Materials
Arranged by bird family.
- James P. Chapin species file, circa 1930s-1950s
- Rebecca Morgan, 2010
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- The Gladys Krieble Delmas Foundation provided support to make this finding aid available in ArchivesSpace (2016-2017). Minimal level collection record created with support from the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) Risk Assessment grant, 2010.
Part of the Department of Ornithology Archives Repository
Division of Vertebrate Zoology
Department of Ornithology
Central Park West at 79th Street
New York NY 10024-5192 US