[Prehistoric scenes] [art original] / [Rob Barber]
- Barber, Robert J. (Person)
12 Items : 12 paintings : oil on canvas ; 37 x 128 cm.
- Early Permian (280 million years ago) in Texas, with Orthascanthus (a shark) in the foreground and Eryeps (a tetrapod) in the background, among other vertebrates.
- Cretaceous dinosaurs (from 107 million years ago) in Montana and Wyoming.
- Cretaceous dinosaurs: Velociraptor, Ankylosaurus, Saurornitholestes, Triceratops, Hadrosaurus.
- Miocene (10 million years ago) in southern South Dakota, with the Black Hills in the far background. Animals depicted (clockwise from front center): Teleoceras, Neohipparion, Platybelodon, Eucastor, Procamelus, Aelurodon.
- Oligocene (32 million yeard ago) in the northern Great Plains of Badlands National Park, South Dakota. Animals depicted (from left to right): Hypertragulus (foreground), Merycoidodon (middle ground), Hyracodon (background), Mesohippus, Hoplophoneus (a saber-toothed nimravid carnivore) and Archaeotherium South Dakota. The forest consists primarily of mixed deciduous trees and conifers, confined to the vicinity of the stream and nearby floodplain.
- Pleistocene (about 19,000 years ago) in the Los Angeles Basin, with a saber-toothed cat (Smilodon), dire wolves (Canisdirus), giant ground sloth (Paramylodon), Columbian mammoths (Mammut huscolumbi) and a herd of Equus scotti, a species that died out at the end of the Pleistocene.
- Cretaceous dinosaurs of Mongolia (72 million years ago). Depicted are, from left to right: Saurornithoides, Pinacosaurus, Protoceratops, Mononykus, Velociraptor and Oviraptor.
- Jurassic dinosaurs (from 140 million ears ago)
- Eocene subtropical forest surrounding the Green River Lake system, southwestern Wyoming (32 million years ago). Animals depicted include Orohippus (right)
- Eocene of Green River, Wyoming. Animals depicted (from left to right): Saniwa, Diplomystus, Baena, Leidyosuchus, "Tryonix" or Plastomenus (foreground), Boavus.
- Devonian Era underwater scene.
- Early Jurassic era in Germany (180 million years ago. Depicted are marine animals (from left to right,: Plesiosaurus, Stenopterygius, Mystriosaurus, Dapedium and Hybodus) with pterosaurs (Campylognathoides) flying above the water.
Eocene of Green River, Wyoming (item 10): Dingus, Lowell. Next of kin, page 39