Collection of Chinese albumen prints
Scope and Contents
Photographs of China mounted on file cards with negative numbers.
- Laufer, Berthold, 1874-1934 (Collector, Person)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Please contact Special Collections; materials are sometimes restricted.
126 Photographic Prints (2 boxes) : mostly albumen prints, black and white
Existence and Location of Copies
Copy negatives can be found in AMNH Special Collections.
Includes note that photographs are a part of a group presumed to be purchased by Berthold Laufer during the Jacob H. Schiff Chinese Expedition (1901-1904).
Condition reviewed 2010 fair; Prints are sleeved.
- Collection of Chinese albumen prints
- Iris Lee, 2010
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- The Gladys Krieble Delmas Foundation provided support to make this finding aid available in ArchivesSpace (2016-2017). Minimal level collection record created with support from the Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR) Hidden Collections grant, 2010.
Part of the Museum Archives at the Gottesman Research Library Repository
American Museum of Natural History
200 Central Park West
New York NY 10024 USA