Collection of Chinese albumen prints
Scope and Contents
Photographs of China mounted on file cards with negative numbers.
- Laufer, Berthold, 1874-1934 (Collector, Person)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Please contact Special Collections; materials are sometimes restricted.
126 Photographic Prints (2 boxes) : mostly albumen prints, black and white
Existence and Location of Copies
Copy negatives can be found in AMNH Special Collections.
Includes note that photographs are a part of a group presumed to be purchased by Berthold Laufer during the Jacob H. Schiff Chinese Expedition (1901-1904).
Condition reviewed 2010 fair; Prints are sleeved.
- Collection of Chinese albumen prints
- Iris Lee, 2010
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- The Gladys Krieble Delmas Foundation provided support to make this finding aid available in ArchivesSpace (2016-2017). Minimal level collection record created with support from the Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR) Hidden Collections grant, 2010.