Exploration tales for soldiers and sailors : YMCA lecture series. [microform]
- 1917 - 1919
- American Museum of Natural History (Organization)
1 box ; (1 box ; 32 x 27 x 7 cm.)
Language of Materials
Location of Originals Note
Indicator 1 Holder of originals: Rare Book Collection. Silver original shelved in the Negative Storage Room.
Portion of title
YMCA lecture series)
Portion of title
Y.M.C.A. lecture series)
Typescripts (mostly carbon copies).
Lectures prepared by the American Museum of Natural History for the National War Work Council of the Young Men's Christian Associations of the United States. Also included are correspondence about the lectures and lists of slides and negatives used in conjunction with the lectures.
The lectures are undated, the correspondence (about 110 items) is dated Dec. 17, 1917-Mar. 6, 1919 with the bulk of it dated 1918.
Lectures: Through the Brazilian wilderness with Colonel Roosevelt / by George K. Cherrie (3 versions) -- Camera hunting for whales / by Roy Chapman Andrews -- Yellowstone National Park / by J.M. Johnson (2 versions, 1 is holograph) -- Bird life on an Antarctic island / by Robert Cushman Murphy -- Some of my mascots / by Ernest Harold Baynes (2 versions) -- The flamingo / by Frank M. Chapman -- Four years in the white North : the search for Crocker Land / by Donald B. MacMillan (2 versions) -- Secrets of polar travel : ice navigation / by Robert E. Peary (5 versions, 4 lacking p. 1). [Carl E. Akeley's lectures of the series are referred to but not included in this collection.]
Type of reproduction--Microfilm.; Place of reproduction--[New York, N.Y. :; Agency responsible for reproduction--American Museum of Natural History: Date of reproduction--1987]. Physical description of reproduction--2 microfilm reels, 35 mm.
- Andrews, Roy Chapman, 1884-1960 -- Camera hunting for whales.
- Archives Microfilm
- Baynes, Ernest Harold, 1868-1925 -- Some of my mascots.
- Chapman, Frank M. (Frank Michler), 1864-1945 -- Flamingo.
- Cherrie, George Kruck, 1865-1946 -- Through the Brazilian wilderness with Colonel Roosevelt.
- Explorers -- Travel.
- Johnson, J. M. (Mr.) -- Yellowstone National Park.
- MacMillan, Donald Baxter, 1874-1970 -- Four years in the white North.
- Murphy, Robert Cushman, 1887-1973 -- Bird life on an Antarctic island.
- National War Work Council, Y.M.C.A. of the United States
- Peary, Robert E. (Robert Edwin), 1856-1920 -- Secrets of polar travel.
- Scientific expeditions
- Voyages and travels
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- The Gladys Krieble Delmas Foundation provided support to make this finding aid available in ArchivesSpace (2016-2017).
Part of the Museum Archives at the Gottesman Research Library Repository
American Museum of Natural History
200 Central Park West
New York NY 10024 USA