The Chaco Phenomenon photographic slides
Scope and Contents
Press slides of artifacts and excavation sites for the temporary exhibition The Chaco Phenomenon, held at the American Museum of Natural History, 1987. Includes excavated kivas at Pueblo Bonito, aerial views of Chacoan site known as Aztec Ruin, and various objects.Also includes a photograph of some of the early explorers from the Hyde Expedition, 1896-1900.
- Finley, Russ (Photographer, Person)
Restrictions on Access
Please contact Special Collections; materials are sometimes restricted.
0.5 Linear Feet (1 box )
50 Photographic Slides
Language of Materials
condition reviewed 20110826 good
Slide numbers 102-93 to 102-105C.
Most slides contain captions.
Slides also from Maxwell Museum of Antrhopology and National Park Service.
Micael Mouchette also credited as a photographer.
Previous numbers include: K15901-K15912
- Chaco Canyon (N.M.) -- Antiquities
- Excavations (Archaeology) -- New Mexico -- Chaco Canyon
- Hyde Exploring Expedition -- Photographs -- Exhibitions -- 1987
- New Mexico -- Antiquities
- Photographic Slide Collection
- The Chaco Phenomenon photographic slides, 1987
- Iris Lee
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- The Gladys Krieble Delmas Foundation provided support to make this finding aid available in ArchivesSpace (2016-2017). Minimal level collection record created with support from the Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR) Hidden Collections grant, 2010.
Part of the Museum Archives at the Gottesman Research Library Repository
American Museum of Natural History
200 Central Park West
New York NY 10024 USA