Carthage: A Mosaic of Ancient Tunisia photographic slides
Scope and Contents
Slides of ancient ruins in Tunisia and photographs of mosaics and artifacts, including Lady of Carthage, detail of Orpheus chraming the animals, and detail of Dermech Hunt Mosaic. For the temporary exhibition Carthage: A Mosaic of Ancient Tunisia, held at the American Museum of Natural History, 1987. The exhibition was a collaboration with Bardo National Museum, Tunis, Carthage National Museum, Tunis, Archeological Museums, El Jem, Sousse, Sfax, Nabeul.
- circa 1987
- American Museum of Natural History. Photo Studio (Organization)
Restrictions on Access
Please contact Special Collections; materials are sometimes restricted.
0.5 Linear Feet (1 box)
circa 185 Photographic Slides
Language of Materials
condition reviewed 20110826 good
Slide numbers 102-4 to 102-92B.
A few slides, marked Tunisie, may not belong to AMNH.
- Carthage: A Mosaic of Ancient Tunisia photographic slides, circa 1987
- Iris Lee
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- The Gladys Krieble Delmas Foundation provided support to make this finding aid available in ArchivesSpace (2016-2017). Minimal level collection record created with support from the Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR) Hidden Collections grant, 2010.