Star Gods of the Ancient Americas photographic slides, undated.
Studio images of the art and artifacts displayed in the temporary exhibit Star Gods of the Ancient Americas, held at the American Museum of Natural History, December 1982-May 1983. Includes artifacts from the Huari-Tiahuanaco, Mixtec, Inca, Zuni, Tiahuanco, Maya, Hopi, Chimu, Skidi Pawnee and Haida Indians. Possibly used in a slide presentation.
Restrictions on Access
Please contact Special Collections; materials are sometimes restricted.
0.5 Linear Feet (1 box)
35 Photographic Slides
Language of Materials
condition reviewed 20110826 good
Slide numbers 82-194 to 82-212A.
Includes a detailed summary of slides.
Some slides from the Museum of the American Indian.
- American Museum of Natural History -- : Photographs -- : Exhibitions -- : 1982-1983
- Indians of Mexico -- Antiquities
- Indians of North America -- Northwest, Pacific -- Antiquities
- Indians of South America -- Antiquities
- Photo Studio
- Photographic Slide Collection
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- The Gladys Krieble Delmas Foundation provided support to make this finding aid available in ArchivesSpace (2016-2017). Minimal level collection record created with support from the Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR) Hidden Collections grant, 2010.
Part of the Museum Archives at the Gottesman Research Library Repository
American Museum of Natural History
200 Central Park West
New York NY 10024 USA