Gurnee Dyer photographic slide collection of Africa
Scope and Contents
Photographs taken mostly in Africa. Some images of India. Images of animals, landscapes, villages, native tribes and customs. Locations include Ethiopia, Chad, Gambia, Congo, Uganda, Rwanda, Kenya and Niger.
- Dyer, Walter Gurnee (Photographer, Person)
Restrictions on Access
Please contact Special Collections; materials are sometimes restricted.
1903 Photographic Slides : color ; 35 mm
2 Linear Feet (4 boxes )
Language of Materials
condition reviewed 20110826 good
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Gift of Walter Gurnee Dyer, August 1980.
May include field photographs.
Slides have captions.
PSC 498: collection contains some K numbers.
- Gurnee Dyer photographic slide collection of Africa, 1963-1970
- Iris Lee
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- The Gladys Krieble Delmas Foundation provided support to make this finding aid available in ArchivesSpace (2016-2017). Minimal level collection record created with support from the Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR) Hidden Collections grant, 2010.
Part of the Museum Archives at the Gottesman Research Library Repository
American Museum of Natural History
200 Central Park West
New York NY 10024 USA