Akeley Memorial Hall of African Mammals photographic slides
Scope and Contents
Primarily images from the dioramas in the the AMNH Akeley Memorial Hall of African Mammals with some interior views of the hall. Includes some images of preparator refurbishing Cheetah Group inside the diorama, 1974. Also includes 5 duplicate slides of black and white photographs depicting Carl Akeley in the field, a group photograph and an illustration of the African Mammal Hall.
- 1949,1974, undated
- American Museum of Natural History. Photo Studio (Organization)
Restrictions on Access
Please contact Special Collections; materials are sometimes restricted.
0.25 Linear Feet (1 box )
circa 200 Photographic Slides
Language of Materials
condition reviewed 20110826 good
Includes CD-ROM of low resolution slide scans of AMNH diorama.
Many slides contain K numbers.
Many slides contain USDE numbers.
Some slides have glass mounts.
- Akeley Memorial Hall of African Mammals photographic slides, 1949, 1974, undated
- Iris Lee
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- The Gladys Krieble Delmas Foundation provided support to make this finding aid available in ArchivesSpace (2016-2017). Minimal level collection record created with support from the Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR) Hidden Collections grant, 2010.