Malcolm Arth photographic slide collection
Scope and Contents
Miscellaneous travel photographs. Also includes images from Department of Education programs and events as well as temporary and permanent exhibits at AMNH. 636. Iran, Norway, Milan, USSR, Russia, Japan, Shanghai, China. 637. Mexico, China, Italy, Manhattanville, New York City. 638. Department of Education programs and AMNH masks. 639. AMNH Temporary and Permanent Exhibitions. 640. Miscellaneous images not owned by AMNH. Includes African textiles, artifacts, peoples, art, world travel, fauna and flora.
- circa 1960s-1970s
- Arth, Malcolm, 1939-1992 (Photographer, Person)
Restrictions on Access
Please contact Special Collections; materials are sometimes restricted.
2021 Photographic Slides : color ; 35 mm
2.5 Linear Feet (5 boxes )
Language of Materials
condition reviewed 20110826 fair; some slides are discolored and faded
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Transferred from the Department of Education, November 1995.
Malcolm Arth was the AMNH Department of Education Director.
Some slides have captions.
AMNH does not own the rights to images in PSC 640.
- Malcolm Arth photographic slide collection, circa 1960s-1970s
- Iris Lee
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- The Gladys Krieble Delmas Foundation provided support to make this finding aid available in ArchivesSpace (2016-2017). Minimal level collection record created with support from the Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR) Hidden Collections grant, 2010.
Part of the Museum Archives at the Gottesman Research Library Repository
American Museum of Natural History
200 Central Park West
New York NY 10024 USA