Fourth Floor Fossil Hall Renovation, Final Documentation of the Interpretive System
Scope and content
Consists of eleven oversize binders and three spiral bound volumes for the final documentation of the museum's fourth floor renovation completed in the 1990s, prepared by Ralph Appelbaum Associates Incorporated (RAA). The final documentation of the interpretive system covers all fossil exhibitions: The Halls of Saurischian and Ornithischian Dinosaurs, the Lila Acheson Wallace Wing of Mammals and Their Extinct Relatives, which includes the Hall of Primitive Mammals and the Paul and Irma Milstein Hall of Advanced Mammals, the Hall of Vertebrates Origins, and the Miriam and Ira D. Wallach Orientation Center.
The eleven binders contain the final versions of the graphic panel systems, with scripts, exhibit floorplans, and exhibition elevations. Final label copy is documented in the three spiral bound volumes.
- American Museum of Natural History (Organization)
Restrictions on Access
Please contact Special Collections; materials are sometimes restricted.
6 Linear Feet : 11 binders loose on shelf and 1 box
Language of Materials
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Eight of eleven binders were transfered from the Department of Vertebrate Paleontology, 1996 accession.
Existence and Location of Copies
A photocopy of a portion of the documentation is available in Reference-restricted. Call number: QH70.U52 N4658 1994. Link to AMNH Library catalog record: http://libcat1.amnh.org/record=b1097452
condition reviewed 20110519 good; binders are not housed in any protective enclosure
- Fourth Floor Fossil Hall Renovation, Final Documentation of the Interpretive System, 1992-1996
- Iris Lee
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- The Gladys Krieble Delmas Foundation provided support to make this finding aid available in ArchivesSpace (2016-2017). Minimal level collection record created with support from the Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR) Hidden Collections grant, 2010.
- Edition statement
- Updated from minimal catalog record description, 2011-2012.
Part of the Museum Archives at the Gottesman Research Library Repository
American Museum of Natural History
200 Central Park West
New York NY 10024 USA