Showing Collections: 1 - 6 of 6
American Museum of Natural History mural painting slides
Primarily murals painted of dinosaurs painted by Charles R. Knight. Some denote restoration paintings. Other paintings of dinosaurs credited to Bob Kane and Walter Ferguson. One painting of Aurora Borealis 910(1) 9 P.M. (Northern Lights) by Howard Butler.
[Hydrogen prominences] [art original] / [H.R. Butler]
Series of 5 paintings depicting the prominences of the chromosphere of the sun. These were originally displayed on the west wall of the Pro-Astronomic Hall (and intended to be installed in the proposed Hall of Astronomy) along with two similar paintings, depicting the prominences observed during the eclipse of 1918, the "Heliosaurus" and the "Eagle."
Mars as Seen From its Inner Moon "Phobos" / LR "H.R. Butler"
Rocky landscape in foreground, Mars in half shadow in background. Inscription: On reverse "Mars as seen from its Inner Moon 'Phobos'."
Mars as Seen From its Outer Moon "Deimos" / LR "H.R. Butler"
Rocky landscape in foreground with Mars and stars in background. Inscription: Back "Mars as seen from its Outer Moon Deimos."
The Earth as Seen From the Moon / LL "H.R. Butler"
Rocky landscape with crater and the earth and stars in background.
[The three solar eclipses seen in the United States in 1918, 1923, and 1925] [art original] / [H.R. Butler]
- Names: Butler, Howard Russell, 1856-1934 X
- Art Survey 4
- Mars (Planet) -- Art 2
- Earth -- Art 1
- Mural painting and decoration -- New York (State) -- New York 1
- Museum exhibits -- Photographs 1
- Photographic Slide Collection 1
- Solar chromosphere -- Pictorial works 1
- Solar eclipses -- Pictorial works 1
- Sun -- Prominences -- Pictorial works 1 ∧ less
- English 3
- American Museum of Natural History 1
- Ferguson, Walter 1
- Kane, Robert W., 1910-1982 1
- Knight, Charles Robert, 1874-1953 1
- Photo Studio 1