approximately 1909 - approximately 1928
The fossil fishes in the hall were arranged chronologically and included early plate-covered fishes, sharks, ganoids, and teleosts (bony fishes). Highlights included an alcove of early fossil sharks, a fossil aquarium depicting a scene from the Old Red Sandstone of Scotland, a life-sized model of Dinichthysm and restoration jaws of a giant fossil shark, Carcharodon megalodon, which were suspended from the ceiling at the entrance (1, 1909, p. 33; 1, 1911, p. 49-50; 2, 1911, p. 84; 1, 1915 p. 65).
In 1929 the hall was replaced by the Bashford Dean Hall of Fossil Fishes, which was also located in the tower. Many of the same exhibits, including Dinichthys, the fossil aquarium, and the jaws of Carcharodon megladon, carried over to the new hall.
Content negotiation supports the following types: