Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Slides of Asmat people performing a wood carving inside the Hall of Birds of the World at the American Museum of Natural History.
Collection contains digital images and moving pictures captured by Paul Sweet during the 2014 Explore21 Expedition to Papua New Guinea. Content illustrates regular activities of expedition team.
Views of the temporary exhibition Papua New Guinea: Then and Now, held at the American Museum of Natural History. Includes displays and exhibits shown in the gallery.
Slides of performances put on for the temporary exhibition Papua New Guinea: Then and Now, held at the American Museum of Natural History. Includes rehearsals, portraits of dancers in traditional village dress and images of wood carvings. Performing groups: the Raun Raun Theatre Company, the Mekeo Dancers and the Asoro Mudmen.
- Subject: Papua New Guinea X
- Photographic Slide Collection 3
- Museum exhibits -- Photographs 2
- Papua New Guinea 2
- Papua New Guinea -- Exhibitions 2
- Asmat (Indonesian people) 1
- Born-digital 1
- Mekeo (Papua New Guinean people) 1
- Scientific expeditions -- Oceania 1
- Wood-carving, Asmat -- Exhibitions 1 ∧ less
- American Museum of Natural History 3
- American Museum of Natural History. Photo Studio 3
- Explore21 Expedition to Papua New Guinea 1
- Finnin, Denis 1
- Sweet, Paul 1