Department of Vertebrate Paleontology field work collection
Scope and Contents
The Department of Vertebrate Paleontology began sending staff into the field as early as the first year of its founding, 1891. Since then the department has organized and supported decades of seminal field work as it continues to do so today.
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is housed in the Division of Paleontology. Please contact the collection manager for access; materials are sometimes restricted. https://www.amnh.org/research/paleontology/collections/vertebrate-paleontology-archives
32.5 Linear Feet
- American Museum of Natural History, Department of Vertebrate Paleontology field work collection, 1891-2000
- Melissa Silvestri, Allyson Mellone, Alana Gishlick, 2021; Maya Naunton, 2022
- 2022 April
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Minimal level collection record created with support from the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) Museums for America grant, 2020.
- August 2021: Based on Ruth Sternfeld's historic finding aid.
Part of the Vertebrate Paleontology Archives Repository
200 Central Park West
New York NY 10024-5192