Department of Vertebrate Paleontology historical specimen acquisitions
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is housed in the Division of Paleontology. Please contact the collection manager for access; materials are sometimes restricted. https://www.amnh.org/research/paleontology/collections/vertebrate-paleontology-archives
16 Linear Feet
- American Museum of Natural History, Department of Vertebrate Paleontology historical specimen acquisitions, 1862-1977
- Melissa Silvestri, Allyson Mellone, Alana Gishlick, 2021; Maya Naunton, 2022
- 2022 May
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Minimal level collection record created with support from the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) Museums for America grant, 2020.
- August 2021: Based on Ruth Sternfeld's historic finding aid.