Department of Vertebrate Paleontology correspondence
Scope and Contents
Correspondence relative to the formation and organization of the Department of Vertebrate Paleontology. Correspondence between Morris K. Jesup, Henry Fairfield Osborn, C.O. Marsh, J.L. Wortman, J.B. Hatcher, O.A. Peterson, W.H. Utterback. Many letters from Volume II have been removed. Two volumes containing approximately 100 letters.
Conditions Governing Access
Please contact Special Collections; materials are sometimes restricted.
1.5 Linear Feet (1 box)
Language of Materials
condition reviewed 20110519 good
Immediate Source of Acquisition
Found in archives, February 1992.
- American Museum of Natural History. Department of Vertebrate Paleontology (Organization)
- Jesup, Morris K. (Morris Ketchum), 1830-1908 (Correspondent, Person)
- Osborn, Henry Fairfield, 1857-1935 (Correspondent, Person)
- Marsh, Othniel Charles, 1831-1899 (Correspondent, Person)
- Wortman, J. L. (Jacob Lawson), 1856-1926 (Correspondent, Person)
- Hatcher, J. B. (John Bell), 1861-1904 (Correspondent, Person)
- Peterson, Olof August, 1865-1933 (Correspondent, Person)
- American Museum of Natural History, Department of Vertebrate Paleontology correspondence, 1891-1906
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note