Anthropological photographs of Kurdistan and Bedouin families
Scope and Contents
Black and white and color photographs mostly of women and children outdoors in thier local environment. Appears that most of the photographs were taken on site in the 1970s(?) by Sylvia A. Matheson. Three mounted vintage prints dated 1866, 1892 and 1893 with captions in English and Russian.
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access
Please contact Special Collections; materials are sometimes restricted.
1 box (15 photographic prints and 1 film transparency)
Condition reviewed 2010 good; Prints are sleeved.
- Anthropological photographs of Kurdistan and Bedouin families, 1866-1970s?
- Iris Lee, 2010
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note
- The Gladys Krieble Delmas Foundation provided support to make this finding aid available in ArchivesSpace (2016-2017). Minimal level collection record created with support from the Council on Library and Information Resources (CLIR) Hidden Collections grant, 2010.
Part of the Museum Archives at the Gottesman Research Library Repository
American Museum of Natural History
200 Central Park West
New York NY 10024 USA